Industria Argentina , Is There Anything That Doesnt Break?

Yeah, have many German friends..They are very proud of being the still Aryan race, the masters of human kind..However, they don't want to bring Hitler's Master race theory into it despite,the German people are very proud of their heritage of being the real Teutonic Germanic people that spread all over the europe. My German friends still joke as they being the master race, the Aryans of all the caucasians amongst all.

Only a very small minority of skin heads and other nationalists are proud of that Aryan race that does not exist in reality. They are usually losers that can not get a job - combined with a low IQ - at the level that you probably have.

Only a very small minority of skin heads and other nationalists are proud of that Aryan race that does not exist in reality. They are usually losers that can not get a job - combined with a low IQ - at the level that you probably have.

I agree. All Germans I have met so far have been very cosmopolitan, open minded and the thought of "master race" or anything of the type seem to be very alien to them. I found more Argentinians prone to the "master race" bullcrap talk than any German.

I find sinks more interesting than germans, myself...

I was just pricing Franke sinks- and, in Argentina, they run from $400 to $1400 pesos.

In the USA, the same basic models of sinks, from the same manufacturer, are $400 to $1800 DOLLARS.

Same stuff- same high quality, both owned by a Swiss company.

I keep finding things like this in Argentina- stuff that is good or high quality, priced at much LESS.
CW is often wrong, in my opinion.

Ries - interesting, I wonder why that is. (Oh and Amazon has a bunch of Franke sinks for cheaper if you're looking). But I wonder how they avoid the import taxes on getting it in?

I don't find things for much less but I don't mind paying for quality as long as it lasts.

My favorite recent story. We bought a not inexpensive generator about a year ago. 10,000 pesos approximately. In a not shocking twist, it stopped working. We brought it back to the place where we bought it and they were going to fix it. Weeks and weeks go by and no generator. Martin finally goes to the store and first they tell him it was 1000 pesos to fix it. When he pressed them to know exactly what was wrong (and make sure it wasn't covered under warranty), they started to hem and haw. Long story short, after much discussion, turns out they actually misplaced our generator. So they gave us a brand new one (same make/ model) at no cost since they couldn't find ours (and obviously had no idea what ever was wrong with it). I don't even mind if it breaks if this means we keep getting a new one every year ;)

Ries - interesting, I wonder why that is. (Oh and Amazon has a bunch of Franke sinks for cheaper if you're looking). But I wonder how they avoid the import taxes on getting it in?

I don't find things for much less but I don't mind paying for quality as long as it lasts.

My favorite recent story. We bought a not inexpensive generator about a year ago. 10,000 pesos approximately. In a not shocking twist, it stopped working. We brought it back to the place where we bought it and they were going to fix it. Weeks and weeks go by and no generator. Martin finally goes to the store and first they tell him it was 1000 pesos to fix it. When he pressed them to know exactly what was wrong (and make sure it wasn't covered under warranty), they started to hem and haw. Long story short, after much discussion, turns out they actually misplaced our generator. So they gave us a brand new one (same make/ model) at no cost since they couldn't find ours (and obviously had no idea what ever was wrong with it). I don't even mind if it breaks if this means we keep getting a new one every year ;)

The Frankes sold in Argentina are hecho in Argentina- thats why I brought them up in this thread.
Hence, no import taxes.

I find sinks more interesting than germans, myself...

I was just pricing Franke sinks- and, in Argentina, they run from $400 to $1400 pesos.

In the USA, the same basic models of sinks, from the same manufacturer, are $400 to $1800 DOLLARS.

Same stuff- same high quality, both owned by a Swiss company.

I keep finding things like this in Argentina- stuff that is good or high quality, priced at much LESS.
CW is often wrong, in my opinion.
I wonder why they can't maintain a high standard for the majority of other products? At least one company is apparently doing it right !! There is hope. Maybe those in the Argentina Reebok factory should go visit the Franke warehouse.

If you buy Reeboks in the USA or UK, they are made in a gigantic chinese factory, with incredibly expensive high tech equipment, and incredibly low paid chinese teenage assembly workers, knocking em out. Douggan Elegant Top Shoes, most likely.
http://chinalaborwatch.org/pro/proshow-112.html
mostly girls aged 18 to 25, gluing and stitching.

However, due to the quantity, and the low government oversight, they can actually make pretty good shoes pretty cheaply- laser cutting soles, for example, using high frequency presses to activate the adhesives, and buying materials by the ton, so they can get exactly the right materials at very low prices.

In Argentina, by contrast, there are a few injection molding shops that make shoe soles, with high priced imported materials- so they dont have the choice of materials, or the quality, and especially, the price, that the chinese do.
A mass produced, low cost, technically difficult shoe like a trainer would be a particularly lousy choice to buy in Argentina. They dont have the volume, or the government support, to make them right, much less cheap.

However, shoes that are higher design, better materials (leather, for example) and made in limited numbers by workers who are paid more and care more, are very good values in Argentina.
There is NOTHING coming from China that is even remotely competitive with Correa, for example.
And, compared to what similar shoes would cost in the UK or the USA, they are probably ten percent of the price.
http://www.calzadoscorrea.com.ar/

another argentine shoe maker I really like is Agua Patagonia- again, more unique designs, better craftsmanship, and good quality- both my wife and I have pairs we have worn for up to five years, they wear very well, and, compared to similar all leather high design shoes you would find at someplace like nordstrom, they are half the price or less. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Agua-Patagona/168817073648
I usually buy them on sale, so I have often paid $100 US or less for a pair- I would say some of mine are quite comparable to Fluevogs, which I also own 5 pairs of (I am a bit of shoe whore) and they cost about 1/3 the price of Fluevogs these days.
I have a pair of Swordfish Fluevogs- they retail for just below $300. (got mine on sale several years ago for about half that)
I have a couple of pairs of similar pointy toed AguaPatagonias- I paid just over $100 US each for them, one pair at a store on Defensa in San Telmo, another pair at a shoe store on Corrientes in Once.

I bring up these two examples because they are, again, cases where high quality, well designed Argentine products are much LESS expensive than similar things in the US or europe.

I could go on at length, there are many more examples of similar items in Argentina.

What there isnt, is rock bottom, lowest common denominator, chinese, pakistani, or vietnamese, disposable consumer goods at giveaway prices.

Reactions: jp
Well while we're on the subject, I need to buy some clothes. Especially right now I'd like some jeans. I met a man lately who assured me that you CAN get good clothes in Argentina. I haven't found them but I haven't shopped much. I don't like the quality of what I bought already--which has not been many items.

Mostly right now I'm interested in jeans. Any suggestions?

Hey Arlean I've bought jeans at Ben Simon that I've liked so much I went back and bought more! I like the material they use, the selection, the cut and colors available. They have stores throughout the city. I use the one at Quintana and Ayacucho. If you decide to go there give a shout. I live just two blocks away!

If you buy Reeboks in the USA or UK, they are made in a gigantic chinese factory, with incredibly expensive high tech equipment, and incredibly low paid chinese teenage assembly workers, knocking em out. Douggan Elegant Top Shoes, most likely.
http://chinalaborwat...roshow-112.html
mostly girls aged 18 to 25, gluing and stitching.

However, due to the quantity, and the low government oversight, they can actually make pretty good shoes pretty cheaply- laser cutting soles, for example, using high frequency presses to activate the adhesives, and buying materials by the ton, so they can get exactly the right materials at very low prices.

In Argentina, by contrast, there are a few injection molding shops that make shoe soles, with high priced imported materials- so they dont have the choice of materials, or the quality, and especially, the price, that the chinese do.
A mass produced, low cost, technically difficult shoe like a trainer would be a particularly lousy choice to buy in Argentina. They dont have the volume, or the government support, to make them right, much less cheap.

However, shoes that are higher design, better materials (leather, for example) and made in limited numbers by workers who are paid more and care more, are very good values in Argentina.
There is NOTHING coming from China that is even remotely competitive with Correa, for example.
And, compared to what similar shoes would cost in the UK or the USA, they are probably ten percent of the price.
http://www.calzadoscorrea.com.ar/

another argentine shoe maker I really like is Agua Patagonia- again, more unique designs, better craftsmanship, and good quality- both my wife and I have pairs we have worn for up to five years, they wear very well, and, compared to similar all leather high design shoes you would find at someplace like nordstrom, they are half the price or less. https://www.facebook...na/168817073648
I usually buy them on sale, so I have often paid $100 US or less for a pair- I would say some of mine are quite comparable to Fluevogs, which I also own 5 pairs of (I am a bit of shoe whore) and they cost about 1/3 the price of Fluevogs these days.
I have a pair of Swordfish Fluevogs- they retail for just below $300. (got mine on sale several years ago for about half that)
I have a couple of pairs of similar pointy toed AguaPatagonias- I paid just over $100 US each for them, one pair at a store on Defensa in San Telmo, another pair at a shoe store on Corrientes in Once.

I bring up these two examples because they are, again, cases where high quality, well designed Argentine products are much LESS expensive than similar things in the US or europe.

I could go on at length, there are many more examples of similar items in Argentina.

What there isnt, is rock bottom, lowest common denominator, chinese, pakistani, or vietnamese, disposable consumer goods at giveaway prices.
This is good but it only supports a small % of the market. Thanks for the info though, I will look into those brands.

If you have a week industry, but that means quality jobs for argentines, you MUST protect it. If you give competition to this week industry, you will kill it and kill and important source of jobs. ........you have local governments with their duty: protect national industry and try to make it competitive. Which of course big external industries not like.

Mediocracy is a national goal?

Back