Inernational Post-Vol 2 Part 13

I wonder if that now means someone not living in ba now has to go to eze too.

The only reason I drag this keester to EZE is to leave the country or see a ballgame. No parcel is worth that much hassle.

Argentina is member of an UN organization -> The Union postale universelle (French is the official name for it) = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Postal_Union

One of the 3 aims of it is to "Postal authorities should give equal treatment to foreign and domestic mail"
If you have to go to Ezeiza for something that's worth little, you won't go. The honest citizens will be penalized then.

Can the AR lawyers browsing the forum analyze the idea and see if it's possible to do something? (amparo?)

Yeah, Aduana, Correo, Migraciones, it all suck. Theres plenty of corruption, they do practically what they want with everyone and everything. They literally stole from people imported stuff. But I think its an error to think this is like this because of the government. I mean, maybe because of the import restrictions it is now a little more complicated, but do not expect this to change with the next government. It was like this before the Ks and surely be like this after them.

Yeah, Aduana, Correo, Migraciones, it all suck. Theres plenty of corruption, they do practically what they want with everyone and everything. They literally stole from people imported stuff. But I think its an error to think this is like this because of the government. I mean, maybe because of the import restrictions it is now a little more complicated, but do not expect this to change with the next government. It was like this before the Ks and surely be like this after them.

Only last year I was able to order stuff under 25 bucks without getting an anal probe from afip and going on a merry journey to eze.

Only last year I was able to order stuff under 25 bucks without getting an anal probe from afip and going on a merry journey to eze.
Very true. I remember back in 2010 I ordered a big box of pet supplies and 5 pairs of levis from Germany. Not one problem. Now they ask for your first born. Only recently I received a delivery notice, upon driving down to the correo expecting a package I found out it was only a letter. They actually made me go there for a letter, it didn't have special delivery instructions or anything.

Talking of corruption and what Matias just referred to, I have an Argentine friend who runs a successful business here and it involves container-loads of products from China.
You can imagine, by its very nature, his business has been strained by the lunacy here.
Last week he needed to have a 20ft container liberated from customs urgently. He'd already sold the stock inside.
He was told, in no uncertain terms that the only way to release the container was by making a payment, under the table of US$13,000 in cash or no container.
Which he did.
He feels the cold, clammy fingers of La Campora all over that container and the bribe he was forced to pay.
My sunglasses therefore are small potatoes, but a similar principle.

The government has everything to do with it. The fact that no administration has decided to clean up the system doesn't take responsibility away from them. These are government entities after all and there is no reason the postal service in this country has to be so absolutely awful.

I've completely given up on the post office. Like pepperoni pizza, it's one of those "luxuries" that doesn't exist here.

Of course the govt is guilty. Its just that EVERY government is guilty. Do not expect a huge change with the next one, as well as it used to be like this before the Ks. My point is that its not a K thing, is an Argentina thing.
((And I would not expect a change on the dollar situation either...))

Back