Inflation expected to top 30% this year

The Kirchners don't seem to have trouble posing as left-wingers while vastly increasing their fortune. Our dear Cristina feels free to attack "wealthy landowners" while wearing US$25,000 watches, and changing outfits five times a day.

Takes real talent to do that.

SaraSara said:
The Kirchners don't seem to have trouble posing as left-wingers while vastly increasing their fortune. Our dear Cristina feels free to attack "wealthy landowners" while wearing US$25,000 watches, and changing outfits five times a day.

Takes real talent to do that.
Rolex, Luis Vuitton ... Viva la Revolucion! Unfortunately the Ks were elected by our own people and we should take responsibility for that, shame on us! The Ks did not come from another planet, they are the product of our society.

A couple of days ago I saw Duhalde being quoted as saying that he had made a mistake in selecting Kirchner for the presidency. Said he should have picked Lavagna instead. Had he done so, I wonder what the country would be like today.

The problem with the Ks is that not only they are corrupt, but they are also incompetent, resentful, and ignorant people, inept at everything but stealing and buying politicians.

And another inflation note - went to dinner last night. The lomo (no sides) was 54 pesos. A year ago it was 38 i think.

That's a huge increase.

Yes, because you need to be poor to have left-wing ideas. NOT!

And the inflation this year is going to be something between 15% to 20% max. And Sara, this is the best government of the last 40 years, what can you do.

marksoc said:

And the inflation this year is going to be something between 15% to 20% max. And Sara, this is the best government of the last 40 years, what can you do.

You may not need to be poor to have left wing ideas, but you should probably not be a complete hypocrite when espousing them. The Kirchner's have done a great job of making the rich out as the enemy, raising taxes on all functioning parts of the economy, and spending that money on projects that are geared towards raising support among the unwashed masses.

They've also done a great job of driving down all investment, creating shortages in Argentine's flagship beef market, ruining the savings of millions of retirees by forcing PRIVATE retirement funds to sell off Brazilian assets at the worst point in the market and bring them to Pesos at an artificially high rate, and creating inflation to cover the rising costs of their financial obligations.

And they've done an incredible job of enriching themselves through sweetheart real estate deals in El Calafate. They are a corrupt band of idiots that have been lucky enough to enjoy record commodity prices and a ferocious buying spree of properties by international investors. Their day of reckoning is coming, and they might even be catching that express helicopter off the top of the Casa Rosada and heading to their luxurious flat in Paris soon once people realize the true extent of the damage that their policies have had on the country.

marksoc said:

Nopes, Ks need poor, malnutricioned (and for instance not fully phisically developed) and uneducated (for instance uncapable of taking smart decisions) people in massive numbers (Something Ks are really good at producing with more than 40% of the population being poor or less) so they can remain in power by convincing them they are doing ok, that they are being taken care of (with a pancho and a coke seems to be enough these days for this ppl that sadly do not know any better or a couple of bucks a month which is not even close to enough for their basic needs)

And the inflation this year is going to be something between 15% to 20% max.

According to Ks and Moreno (and they say it will be way less than that btw) hehehe, im sorry, is not funny but believing these guy´s oficial numbers is just not serious .they have been manipulating them at free will for the past 7 years, those numbers are a joke and an obvious one if you actually live here in Argentina.

And Sara, this is the best government of the last 40 years, what can you do.
Im sorry, the best government ???????????? are you kidding me ?? not even Menem´s administration was worse than this one. I can understand you being in favor of them, that´s not a crime, but to say they are the best ??? hmmmm, im sorry but at the most they are the best at enlarging their private accounts and avoiding prision by manipulating some judges (oyarbide for instance). It is probably the most corrupted administration in the past 40 years !

-Juan

marksoc said:

Let's talk again in a year, and see what the inflation rate was. I'd love to be proved wrong. However, even 15% to 20% is way too high.

It must be nice to like this government - wish I could feel the same way. I don't, and neither do 73% of Argentines: the Ks' approval rate just "rose" to 27%.

When old "Plastic Face" decided the Central Bank’s deposits should finance her Government’s spending, it was the beginning of the end for the AR Peso as we know it. When the reserves are gone, there is no convertibility for the peso and nothing to prop the peso up during tough times. The old queen is crazy. She has this belief financial markets will be lining up to purchase Argentine sovereign debt with their new and improved restructuring plan. Take a number Cristina and get in line. Sovereign debt in today’s world is not a good investment and your FICO score Ms. Fernandez is down there with whale shit. The whole economy is a train wreck in the making. It is a tragedy that Argentina is in the fix they are in. Incomprehensible. Argentina has the highest literacy rate in Latin America, is blessed with natural resources and has a modern and efficient agricultural base with the ability to feed itself and enjoy surpluses. Self sufficient in every way. I really cannot understand the Argentine mind set. They got the goose that laid the golden egg and they have to go begging. Crazy.

Back