Inflation expected to top 30% this year

pericles said:
I have to disagree fully with these comments as the main newspapers in Argentina are Clarin and La Nacion and I have never seen one positive article in any of them about Christina nor the current government.

I disagree with that. When Cristina was elected, both papers praised her as being more rational, and less prone to anger and partisanship than her husband was. They cited her behavior in the Senate, and were hopeful of a better presidency. However, it soon became clear that her husband was still calling the shots, and she was President in name only.

I believe that, were it not for the printing paper issue, both papers would be far more open in their criticism. There are many stories that never make the papers - I have many relatives here, in all sorts of positions, and hear things that are not talked about openly. Of course, that's just my own personal experience, so feel free to discount it.

The government keeps trying to intimidate the press. After a recent spat with Clarin, three hundred AFIP officials descended on its offices for a detailed tax autdit. This open show of force raised such a public outcry that the head of AFIP had to recall his men, saying he had not ordered, nor knew of, this raid. The incident was covered by all the local papers, radio, and TV news.

Sara can you answer the question . Have you ever seen a positive article in La Nacion or Clarin about the current government?

Thank you for your response

To be fair, I'm not sure they pull any punches on account of their harassment. Their criticism of the Ks is virulent and tireless.

pericles said:
Sara can you answer the question . Have you ever seen a positive article in La Nacion or Clarin about the current government?

Not lately, but I did see them when Cristina was elected. Back then there was a widespread belief that she would be a more conciliatory, less confrontational President than her husband had been.

Pericles, please refer to my previous post:
SaraSara said:
...When Cristina was elected, both papers praised her as being more rational, and less prone to anger and partisanship than her husband was. They cited her behavior in the Senate, and were hopeful of a better presidency.

By the way, if anyone happens to go to El Calafate, ask the locals about the Kirchners. I did, and it was enlightening.

On top of everything, both the Ks and most of their ministers were terrorists back in the 70s. Yes, their group, Montoneros, would put bombs in parks, schools, etc all in the name of La Revolucion ( communist of course ) The fact that these people are ruling the country is as bad as if Osama Bin Laden was elected president in his country. I still wonder who in his right mind can defend them? They are by far the most corrupt and antidemocratic government we have had since the dictatorships, they are friends of other dictators, I could go on and on, but I do not want to bore you with these " rumors "

orwellian said:
I'd like to hear your arguments why you think so.

Please see this link, there´s many of the "selfless honest for the benefit of the people" actions :

http://www.criticadigital.com/impresa/index.php?secc=nota&nid=35427

And this is just a fraction, there´s planty more from when he was governor of Santa Cruz for i dont know how many years in a row (where he managed to increase his bank accounts in a very "honest" way. Or perhaps we should visit his business real state adventures during the Military dictatorship...there´s plenty to go around, i would probably suggest you to google them one by one, it may take you o month but then you´ll know what we are talking about.
The only reason the Ks are not in jail right now is because they managed to control the judicial system (again, in a very honest way i guess) and many judges like oyarbide took over his some of his cases just to magically find nothing wrong and dismiss them (it´s quite tricky but it works for the Ks...once the judge rules over an accusation (even if deliverately in favor and in a very shady way) that case cannot be reopen or the person cannot be porsecuted again for the same accusation. so, he walks free. For the past 7 even his judges have been doing this with many of the cases against Ks, the only problem of him is that there´s so many case he would have to import judges from abroad :eek: to have all of them taking care of

SaraSara said:
By the way, if anyone happens to go to El Calafate, ask the locals about the Kirchners. I did, and it was enlightening.

SaraSara judging from your opinions I think you lack the background needed to understand who pulled the strings behind all prior governments and how, when and who benefited in the last 40 years. And being said that, how the latest changes and shift of the actual government affected the traditional way of doing major business down here.

You will surprisingly find media being blind during the Process followed one step behind by the Catholic Church. You will find complicity countless times of the media while the government nationalized billions of private debts as a favor to local landlords grown into lousy entrepreneurs. Or when the the government did a huge favor to bankers by creating the private pension system, one of the biggest scams ever.

There is such a vast list of things that had gone really bad for tax payers and are now a bargain that I honestly don't know where to begin with.

In the end after a little research through old newspapers in Congreso Library you will conclude that the actual corruption is petty theft compared what the military did and all the other democratic elected governments and the not elected ones like Duhalde's, inflation no.. but he sited with Rocca and Fortabat and decided which exchange rate suited their best interests and screwed us not by a 30% year inflation.. that was much more. How is that better to what we have now?

I deeply despise current administration, the simple thought of them running the Executive again makes my back chill, buy I need to be honest with myself.

1) Is there any different REAL alternative now?
2) Are they really that bad compared what we had before?
and 3) Even more disturbing: Are we culturally capable of having any better administration? (I'm convinced that it is not possible)

This questions are the ones that the mass media are tying to answer while fabricating opinions in the misinformed minds. Opinions that would bow right before next media marketed Duhalde type administration. The one that would bring peace to media share holders, that would guard their exponential greed for profiting out at tax payers expense.

I have not written here for a while but see that the apologists for right wing dictatorships are trying to take the upper hand. Sara Sara Mendozanow and their vocal friends where were you when your government was brutally murdering innocent argentinian civilians and taking their children illegally . I am sure that you never once spoke out once about the government like you are speaking out against Kirchner and the peronists. The last 7 years have been to your and many peoples suprise one of the most stable periods in argentinas history with not one death reported by argentinas military and no repression against free demonstrators.
Just 9 years ago demonstrators were being mowed down in the Plaza De Mayo in days of violence we will never forget .
Lets thank the kirchners for giving us the freedoms that we have today. Lest we forget .

Please, spare me that "innocent Argentinian civilians" talk. The Montoneros were killers, every bit as guilty as the military.

Back