Inflation Outrage!

I think what's more scandalous is the price of sushi in BA that seems to have almost doubled in the last couple of years. I am a huge sushi fan but now it just seems ridiculously overpriced. Think i will learn to make it myself.

This is such an inflationary spiral. I dont know how people just dont stop buying stuff at prices like that

I think it's just a different mentality in Argentina as they have a history of governments infinitely printing money leading to hyper inflation, so people end up buying more when they see prices are going up as fear things will only become more expensive! I suppose this mentality is changing a little now compared to the 90's, but with the current rate of inflation and things continueing like this I can only guess more extreme devaluation to the peso in the years to come.
Hopefully things will turn around though before the economy gets into too much of a mess, perhaps an extreme change in the policies of the current administration could help.

I just want to mention, that my post was mostly in jest... I doesn't read that way. I mean, it is crazy, but of course, Volta is already quite expensive ice cream.

The more I think about it... I don't understand how inflation works & I will have to research it. But I though there was a milk surplus.... ?

Yesterdays Clarin had a huge article on page 18 about gas and electric rates going up AGAIN...could be as high an increase as 400%!! The electric is doing the same system as gas...adding all your usage over the past year and then plugging in the numbers...the more you use the more you pay in new surcharges, taxes whatever you want to call them! So you are paying tax on something you have already paid tax on the first time around..how wrong and illegal is that?? Our gas bill was 1/3 added taxes!!!!

Ice cream and chocolate I can live without NOT heat and lights!!

A friend of mine had an electricity bill for 500 pesos the other day, which i don't quite understand as he lives on his own. Maybe someone is tapping into his cables, or they have just put up the cost. It is quite worrying though this whole raising in electricity and gas - i guess it would be a subsidy the government cuts AFTER the elections. To be honest though i don't think the population of Argentina would stand for a 400% rise, there would be too many protests and chaos.
I go to a very good ice cream shop that is relatively new on Cordoba called Rigolato, much cheaper than freddo and volta and just as good (unfortunately they don't sell dulce de leche con brownie though).

EvergreenGal said:
Ice cream and chocolate I can live without NOT heat and lights!!

Yeah. right above I clarified I wrote that post specifically about ice cream in jest.

MJK said:
I go to a very good ice cream shop that is relatively new on Cordoba called Rigolato, much cheaper than freddo and volta and just as good (unfortunately they don't sell dulce de leche con brownie though).

I'm going right now! :)

MJK said:

Cordoba y ?????? Av. Cordoba is fairly long.

Cordoba y Thames on the Palermo side (give or take a block on cordoba)

Back