Inflation ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ries I`m so envious... Will try the Carniceria Salads... The Mercado Central receives produce from small quintas 100 kms away...

Last edited:
I'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree about Carniceria. I used to go there a lot, bi-weekly but the last couple of times, a couple of months ago, I got stringy, tough steaks there, nothing like the tee-bone shown. In fact, I've never seen a tee-bone steak at the Carniceria. As for the salads/veggies, very hit or miss if they have them. My opinion, used to be a great steak house but no more. And, I sent them a message from their FaceBook site letting them know about the (bad) quality steak I got form them and no answer. I guess I should have gone to Yelp.

T/

My pic from Carniceria, was a sort of tongue-in-cheek ... :rolleyes: the green salad pictured doesn't look like much...o_O Tom`s opinion is a good reference he`s a Graduate from El Tejano, etc..:D...Yeahh Tee-bone is not a classic Argentine cut..??

Tomatoes were tasteless this year. What's happened to the beef tomatoes?

It wasn't just the pharmacist either. The Argentinians next to us on the counter seemed to be smirking at our expense.

Obviously I wasn't there but it's a possibility that you misunderstood the other people at the counter. I've been in many similar situations and those people smirking are usually on *MY* side and having a laugh at the obnoxious person! That is one good thing about the Argentine way of not minding your own business - they aren't shy about pointing out obnoxious behaviour when they see it, and their reaction is very often to laugh about it. Try not to take it to personally (as it usually isn't) and those around you will usually share a sympathetic eye-roll or chuckle with you.

By the way, by the way, my 30 eggs for 55 pesos which became 30 eggs for 65 became 30 eggs for 95 this week. Now that did surprise me!
The Elhombresinnombre Egg Index is never going to be as famous as the Big Mac but regular readers may like to know that in the past fifteen months the same eggs have increased in price and yesterday they cost me AR125 for 30. That's less than 25% inflation over the year and here's a thing: since I was last here, the Feria has started accepting debit cards. On Tuesdays and Saturdays Banco Ciudad offer 20% discount on purchases which effectively wipes out the year's egg-inflation increase if you use their card. Unfortunately, that's the kind of benefit that can only be added once into an inflation calculation so I guess we have to hope the worst is behind us now.

The Elhombresinnombre Egg Index is never going to be as famous as the Big Mac but regular readers may like to know that in the past fifteen months the same eggs have increased in price and yesterday they cost me AR125 for 30. That's less than 25% inflation over the year and here's a thing: since I was last here, the Feria has started accepting debit cards. On Tuesdays and Saturdays Banco Ciudad offer 20% discount on purchases which effectively wipes out the year's egg-inflation increase if you use their card. Unfortunately, that's the kind of benefit that can only be added once into an inflation calculation so I guess we have to hope the worst is behind us now.

Guess if you buy ONLY eggs on tuesdays and Saturdays with a Banco Ciudad CC on that Particular Feria, you are covered for inflation...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back