Information Needed

I just checked my receipt from WorldCar remises which was for 220 pesos, EZE - Nunez, on 08/02/13

I should probably clarify- I brought 3 full suitcases, my carry-ons stuffed to the max, and a full sized stroller, so in my case, they needed a mini-van style taxi (which was about AR$300). But since inflation is just a fact of life here, I'd bring that amount just to be on the safe side!

There are no minivan/taxis in Argentina. If you take a taxi you pay what the meter says and no more...it doesn't matter if it's a type of Kangoo car...
I came from NY in June last year, and I paid $80 from Ezeiza.
As a matter of fact...I went to Lugano 2 weeks ago and I paid less than $90 pesos...and the trip was longer ...

Just as you come out of the gate after customs, bang on straight, you see 'Taxi ezeiza' stand. Walk to them and ask for a taxi. They deal with gringos all the time. The going rate is 220 pesos to any where in Capital Federal. Its your best and safest option.

Does "Taxi Ezeiza' accept credit cards?Or should I exchange money first ai "Banco National"?

Don't change any money at the airport. Bring USD and then go down calle Florida and you will get 50% more pesos minimum.
I would'nt trust a Taxi from EZE, as they have tried to swindle me before with the old switch a roo of 100 peso note.

My friend just took a taxi from the taxi ezezia stand last week and it cost 230 pesos. I took the Manuel tienda Leon bus and it was 90 pesos. The bus takes a little longer but was a great for the price. You are taken from the airport into retiro on a large bus, then switched onto a smaller van to take you the rest of the way.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice. I believe I'm fully armed now with the information I need, and providing I'm still compis mentis after a 30 hour plane trip it will be a breeze, lol.

Looking forward to getting there. Thank you again, you guys rock :)

There are no minivan/taxis in Argentina. If you take a taxi you pay what the meter says and no more...it doesn't matter if it's a type of Kangoo car...
I came from NY in June last year, and I paid $80 from Ezeiza.
As a matter of fact...I went to Lugano 2 weeks ago and I paid less than $90 pesos...and the trip was longer ...

Please give the details to call them I need to go to Ezeiza, you price was 1/3 of the actual rates...!!

Do not take the bus, if this is your first trip to EZE. Just splurge some money and take a taxi from taxi ezeiza. Yes, you can withdraw 300 pesos from the Citibank ATM machine, located next to Taxi Ezeiza counter, to reach home safely. That would be like 65 us$ And rest of the money you exchange at a good cueva. Look up the cueva threads for info or msg me for more info.

Suerte

Back