Information Needed

Nounou

Registered
I will be arriving in B.A next week and am on the search for some last minute information. Any thoughts are welcome
  • Best taxi's to catch from the airport (EZE) to town?
  • What are they currently charging? approx?
  • What would be the best bus to catch into the centre of town from the junction of Av Scalabrini Ortiz and Av Cordoba?

A million thanks in advance :)

Nikki

Hi, Nikki,

Kemer84 is right... about AR$300 is the standard cost of a taxi (that was about the price when I returned to EZE in mid January this year). However, I strongly advise you NOT to take a cab with the sketchy drivers who hang around EZE calling out "Taxi? Taxi?" looking for tourists. Just trust me, it normally doesn't end well.

However, right after you clear customs with your luggage, you will see a remis/taxi stand (I don't recall the name of the company), but you should request transportation from there. You tell them where you are going and they print out a receipt and you already have a company driver. FYI- you can pay with a credit card there.

The 140 colectivo/bus is a good bus line (it passes pretty frequently and through important parts of Palermo), but upon your arrival, I would go to a magazine kiosc and buy the "Guia-T," which is a booklet that lists all the buses, subways, and other important public transportation details. There is a Guia T for just Capital and one for the Greater Buenos Aires area.

Mucha suerte!

300 pesos seems really high. I just returned to the city from eze a little while ago and don't think i paid nearly that much, 200 maybe. 300 seems like a gringo special. Also never had a problem with the "taxi taxi" guys but maybe if its your first time you should use a car service

Thanks so much for your thoughts guys, it's the just the advice I was looking for. I'm not concerned about the taxi price, I was prepared for the amount. Its pretty expnsive here in Perth too.

Lauren, thank you :) I'll make it a priority to purchase the Guia-T.

Muchas gracias chaps :)

I should probably clarify- I brought 3 full suitcases, my carry-ons stuffed to the max, and a full sized stroller, so in my case, they needed a mini-van style taxi (which was about AR$300). But since inflation is just a fact of life here, I'd bring that amount just to be on the safe side!

tienda león bus is really good! last time it was like 100pesos and when you get to the leon bus stop in the centre a cab from there takes you to your place. also i know its not recommended to take the taxi guys outside of ezeiza but I've taken like 7 in my life, for a great price, but just always called someone giving all the taxi info, licence place etc in front of the taxi driver. but yea, maybe its a little risky these days!

If you decide the taxi route -- don't book a taxi that is inside the first doors after the customs/conveyor belts. Wait until you cross next set of doors into the greeting area, behind all the people is the Taxi Ezeiza stand, they have good rates -- and you might even find someone to share a cab with. On arrival, I wouldn't bother taking the bus if you have a lot of luggage. If you want a bit cheaper than a cab and a bit more comfortable than public bus take the Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle. You can decide where it is more convenient for you to go to -- either to the downtown stop that is nearish to Retiro train station or take it to the city airport that is about 15mins drive to Las Canitas and from that airport either take a cab or a local bus.

Back