ingredients for mexican food

It's a bit far from you but if you go to the really big supermarket btwn Dorrego & Bullrich in Las Canitas, they usually have a fairly good selection of refried beans, cilantro, hot sauces, etc.

Otherwise, hit or miss - my only recommendation is stock up when you find things.

Alternately, go to one of the Mexican restaurants in town & ask them where they buy their ingredients. Flor Azteca & Cielito Lindo actually have spicy food so they must have a hook-up somewhere!

EvergreenGal said:
I just got fresh blueberries today...yes they are larger than the ones in the US...but I make muffins and they are great...got them at the large produce market on Rawson Street in La Lucila....on the East side of the street ..just up from the train station...

Me too! Not where you got them. I just bought mine around the corner. But thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm going to make muffins too!

mini said:
Me too! Not where you got them. I just bought mine around the corner. But thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm going to make muffins too!

So welcome! Such a short season here for blueberries I usually stock up and just freeze them, one of the square plastic containers they are sold in is perfect for the recipe I have.

Happy baking!!

**say since you are a baker...I am nearly out of my stateside baking powder, and don't care for the flakey stuff I have gotten here...have you located a better baking powder?? Have thought to use the self rising type flour they have here and the baking powder to give them more lift....my scones just aren't as nice with bp here...appreciate any ideas!!!

Hey... theres a supermarket in China town where they have the "La Costeña" products.. those are Legit Mexican ingredients. They have "frijol refrito", jalapeños, mole verde, mole poblano, and much more. its in mendoza, almost libertador.
and then if u want chiles... well u should do what i do, get a few, take the seeds out and start growing chiles at home. i have a huge plant now :)

EvergreenGal said:
So welcome! Such a short season here for blueberries I usually stock up and just freeze them, one of the square plastic containers they are sold in is perfect for the recipe I have.

Happy baking!!

**say since you are a baker...I am nearly out of my stateside baking powder, and don't care for the flakey stuff I have gotten here...have you located a better baking powder?? Have thought to use the self rising type flour they have here and the baking powder to give them more lift....my scones just aren't as nice with bp here...appreciate any ideas!!!

I don't have a source, but I have more than I'll be able to use. In fact, last week I opened a brand new can (the yellow & red Davis one) of it when I couldn't find my open one. I didn't look hard enough! I'm sure it lasts a long time but I'd be happy to share. If you want some, I can give you some of my stash.

sounds good, invite me over ; )

this is random, but where can i find Peruvian potatoes

Yesterday at the Dia de Muertos festivities I was handed a flyer for this place:

Itacate

They have a range of salsas, La Costena products and a variety of fresh chillis, coriander, tomatillos and more. Ordering is done by email contact so I'm not sure what they actually have available at the moment.

This thread is making me hungry. I'm definitely going to Bolitown soon and stocking up.

ssr said:
This thread is making me hungry. I'm definitely going to Bolitown soon and stocking up.

I was thinking of going too. But it seems really really far!? Is that right or did I mess up using comoviajo.com?

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate for CASA CHINA in Chinatown. It's on the main street, which juts out from the Retiro-Tigre train. If you don't find what you're looking for at Casa China, you probably won't find it anywhere

Back