Insurance / good doctor

maiguss

Registered
Just 2 quick questions:

As i have been living in New Zealand for the past 9 years, i got pretty used to get my skin checked every year or 2. The other day i remembered, that i should do that again any time soon. Any suggestion for a good dermatologist in the recoleta, palermo, barrio norte area? (english speaking would certainly be an advantage :) )

During a conversation with my girlfriend the other day, i realized that nobody seems to worry much about house and contents insurance. Considering what i read on the forum about problems of renting an apartment, i was wondering, if anyone has suggestions where to go to get a quote or what the general procedure is over here.

thanks for your help

Marcus

i think a lot of home owners here do worry about home insurance and have insurance policies. i am insured by allianz which covers my house and its contents for theft, fire, floods, accidents and a whole lot more. i can put you in touch with a reliable insurance agent. PM me for details.

Any insurance company or agency you pass in the street will write inexpensive homeowner or renter policies. Avoid the package policies they and banks offer, because the coverage is generic and probably includes too little coverage in some areas - typically electronics - and too much in others.

The premium usually depends on 2 factors - how much value you declare for your electronic equipment and the amount of deductible you accept. A policy with a deductible of $100 per incident will cost much more than the same coverage with a $500 deductible.

I use La Segunda, which you can find on the web. I've found their service generally good and their prices fair.

Dr Fernando Stengel at Ba Skin (on cordoba Y libertad) i think. good dermatologist worked many years in NYC so speaks fluent English.

Back