International Divorce Process

KevinJH

Registered
Hello,

My name is Kevin. I am from the United States (U.S. Citizen). I married an Argentine in December of 2012. I moved back to the States in September of 2013. My spouse and I decided to end the relationship in December 2013. It has been now over 2 years ..... I am wanting to proceed with a divorce.

I have a feeling my "X" spouse just wants to "forgive and forget" and move on. But do to my comfort level and circumstances I am not ok with that and prefer things are settled legally.

There are no kids involved an quite frankly neither of us have any investments nor properties. It should be a simple and quick procedure.

With that said ...... can anyone offer me advice legal actions to be taken?

Legal Fes?
Paperwork?
Processes?
Attorney fees?
Time?
etc......

If you come here and both agree, 3 months and 10/15.000 pesos lega fee for both (i 'm not offering my services).
If you are abroad, about 2/3 times more money and no less than 2 years.
However, there is a new law that is enforzable soon...sorry, i don't dodivorce normally (so, i didn't read the new civil code) but i just did my former partner's.

Hello.

Thanks for your reply. I am a bit confused by your reply.

What is 3 months? And it is 10,000 to 15,000 pesos if I am in Argentina??

If I am abroad then it cold be 45,000 pesos? What I the two years?

What s the new enorzable law?

Hello,

My name is Kevin. I am from the United States (U.S. Citizen). I married an Argentine in December of 2012. I moved back to the States in September of 2013. My spouse and I decided to end the relationship in December 2013. It has been now over 2 years ..... I am wanting to proceed with a divorce.

I have a feeling my "X" spouse just wants to "forgive and forget" and move on. But do to my comfort level and circumstances I am not ok with that and prefer things are settled legally.

There are no kids involved an quite frankly neither of us have any investments nor properties. It should be a simple and quick procedure.

With that said ...... can anyone offer me advice legal actions to be taken?

Legal Fes?
Paperwork?
Processes?
Attorney fees?
Time?
etc......
Your situation is super easy in US(California), for under 5 years no kids, no fault no contest. costs you a few hundred dollars, you do not even need a lawyer. You both sign and file the paper work. I would assume this doc is valid in Argentina too? Maybe it depends where you like to get married again :) . But anyway, no worries.

What is 3 months? And it is 10,000 to 15,000 pesos if I am in Argentina??

Hi Kevin

Their are many divorce lawyers in the city who would do the paper work for you in about 8000 to 10000 pesos max. This will cover both you and your wife and normally when their is no disputed property or kids.

You need not fly here to do it. If you find a reliable lawyer, he may prepare the draft. Your wife can go to his office and sign. While he can post the document to you and you sign it from your home and send it back to him via DHL.

Then he will submit it in the court. Mostly in about 2 weeks, you will be divorced.

You will recieve a paper from him ( issued by court) by postal mail confirming your divorce. Your wife can recieve one similar paper as well.

And you are done. Easy Peasy.

I would think it's good to do it in US. First, there is NO BS there, second it costs almost nothing. Thirdly, if you like to marry another hot Argentina woman, a US divorce doc is needed.

Hi Kevin

Their are many dicorce lawyers in the city who would do the paper work for you in about 8000 to 10000 pesos max. This will cover both you and your wife and normally when their is no disputed property or kids.

You need not fly here to do it. If you find a reliable lawyer, he may prepare the draft. Your wife can go to his office and sign. While he can post the document to you and you sign it from your home and send it back to him via DHL.

Then he will submit it in the court. Mostly in about 2 weeks, you will be divorced.

You will recieve a paper from him ( issued by court) by postal mail confirming your divorce. Your wife can recieve one similar paper as well.

And you are done. Easy Peasy.
Are you sure Kevin does not need to fly to BsAs? In US, both signatures have to be notarized.

Just an FYI. We are both male. Same -sex marriage. I super appreciate the feedback and suggestions. Anyone know of a reliable lawyer?

Back