International flights to Argentina

Aysun

Registered
Hello again :)

What would be your advise for travelling to Argentina? I've checked out the destinations and prices. There are different options. I can fly from Turkey to Argentina; via London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Dubai... Different seasons, different options and prices. Which season is the best/worst, economic/expensive ?

Thanks in advance,
Aysun

Do not under any circumstances buy a ticket with Aerolineas Argentinas. I'd reccommend TAM or Lan, then any major EU carrier. If it's a trip for pleasure then it is generally cold here in the austral winter from june through august. hope this helps

The wheather is best in March (fall), or in September (spring).
You could fly to Sao Paulo, Brazil, and then is a short leg to get here.

You all are great guys! Thank you very much! I'm happy to be in this forum :)

Aysun, check Lufthansa fares. Also, the plus with LH is that you fly IST-FRA nonstop, then FRA-BUE nonstop, daily service both segments.

Whats wrong with Aerolineas Argentinas?? Thats who i flew with from London to BsAs back in 08'! The flight(s) left on time, were cosy and generally a decent experience and was cheap!!!!

Guess, all have different experiences of airlines!!

Even star alliance with Turkish Air so you can buy as one ticket. Try Lutfhansa.com

HenryNisental said:
The weather is best in March (fall), or in September (spring).
You could fly to Sao Paulo, Brazil, and then is a short leg to get here.

I would say that the weather is best in October-> first half of November.

September still has lots of cold days.

October is close to perfect and the Palo Borrachos (a tree) bloom with huge tufts of cotton.

November is still nice, the first half of the month see the Jacaranda trees explode with purple & white flowers and it's far and away the most beautiful time in the city for the entire year. Not even a question. AND the "Noche de los Museos" (Night of the Museums) is in the middle of the month and there is no other night quite like it for the rest of the year (though Noche de Vela is moving in that direction) in this city.

And who could forget that the Polo tournaments of Hurlingham & the Argentine Open run from October to early December, so there's that as well.

October -> Mid November

Undoubtedly the best time of year.

PS- Don't stay through Christmas. Get out and see other parts of the country. Especially the south, where you can get cool nights. Otherwise, it will just depress you.

Back