Internet: Argentina Ranked 107Th

dennisr

Registered
Palermo slowest internet in Argentina.

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/155110-La-Argentina-tiene-una-de-las-conexiones-de-banda-ancha-ms-lentas-del-mundo

This does not surprise me, in aggregate, but my own service near the Botánico seems not too bad.

I am near Plaza Guimas and my internet speed is excellent.....most of the time.

About 10 years ago, internet in US would stop for half an hour or at mid-night, now it's pretty stable.
I think the internet here is about 10 years behind, there are many interrupts, most of the time you
do not even know.

I was living there before moving to recoleta and my internet service was very good, and i'm quite demanding on internet connection, stability and download speed. So i supouse that always depend the company you use and the are you live in. Anyway this index measure the speed available per capita, is interesting that the country is the one with the biggest internet penetration per capita even when it have the most expensive internet quite weird.

Fibertel Evolution at 30Mbps is really good, but expensive at $450 pesos a month...

I would be interested to know where those statistics came from. To date, with fibertel, I havent any complaints. I would guess that outside cap fed it is a different story.

Have the fibertel evolution also. Download stuff from Pacific Northwest in the US. Speed is pathetic when in Argentina. Think it is a South American thing. International trunk lines or whatever they call them are limited to about two from what I have read. In Europe, Australia, no problems. Maybe they have import restrictions on data?

Have the fibertel evolution also. Download stuff from Pacific Northwest in the US. Speed is pathetic when in Argentina. Think it is a South American thing. International trunk lines or whatever they call them are limited to about two from what I have read. In Europe, Australia, no problems. Maybe they have import restrictions on data?

Moreno probably prohibits you from importing any more data than you export.

Back