interviews with US citizens living in Buenos Aires

Hi! I've been living here for just about 5 years now (came in June 2007). However, I am planning on leaving next month. If you're still interested in interviewing me, I'd be happy to help. I guess I can no longer consider myself a permanent resident but I do have a lot to say about Bs As. :p

Well I'd like to read your thesis! I hear so many complaints about Argentina and I have had none of the same problems. Everybody is sweet to me. I look intently out the window if I am standing on the subway lest some tired, working man bounce up and give me his seat when I am perfectly able to stand on my own (but how wonderful is that?) my real estate people so far are wonderful--and they think I'm wonderful, I can hardly haul anything upstairs myself in my building because our fantastic porteno insists on hauling it for me. My groceries get delivered on time. I sometimes wonder if I live in the same country with everybody else! ;D (giggle-giggle) But I also don't work in the marketplace and my location may be a factor.

Since your thesis is on immigration, you might want to check in over at www.totaluruguay.com and get the opinions of some Uruguay transplants as well. Might be interesting. And best of luck!

You are def using a diff subte from me Arlean! I have often been left standing while heavily pregnant or while carrying a toddler. Sorry it's off-topic but I'm not US so I can't rant to the OP!

i like coffee and interviews. i have been in bsas since 2006. PM me if you need more people.

Hi Emily, I'll be living here for one year as of next week! How the time has flown...feel free to private message me and I'll send you my contact info for an interview.

I would definitely be interested if you accept Canadians as well:)

Hi, I've been here since June of 2000. Born and raised in the US. Send me a PM if you want to talk.

Alexander B, there is a great "transplant" group in Uruguay. If you go to the Sunday luncheon (see that web site) in Montevideo, you can meet a bunch. Great community in Atlantida (they meet for lunch there too, open for all) and in Punta and probably others I don't know about. I've been there quite a bit to write about them on my web page and elsewhere.

Back