Introduction/resident visa question

"rhys" said:
Thank you, this is all very helpful. Steve, we may take you up on your offer of a translator. My Spanish is coming along but not at a level to discuss immigration intricacies. As I mentioned we have a rentista visa but are in the UK at the moment having a baby. Combination of business and not being able to fly until the baby has had its vaccinations means we will only get back into BA 3 months before the year expires (hope they don't check how long we have been there in the year).
A question I have is that when we apply for the rentista extension will I be able to leave BA briefly (wife and family will stay) during the 40 days (?) it takes to process the application ? I have a separate passport if they need to hold onto the main one but I need to finish up some business before settling down in BA properly but don't want to upset the Migraciones people.
Any help appreciated
Rhys

Migraciones will never hold your passport. I left the country for two weeks after receiving the residencia precaria and applying for the DNI but before actually receiving the latter. There was no problem . The question you raise is slightly different, but I don't think there would be any restriction on your proposed departure and return (as long as you are in the process of renewing the visa). I spoke with my translator this morning. She will be happy to help you whenever you desire.

It all worked out well for me since my original post. I picked up on a recommendation to an immigration lawyer elsewhere on this site and can happily say that the renewal process was an absolute breeze. I have had dealings with a lot of Argentinian business people (brokers, lawyers, notaries, accountants, management agents, repair men etc etc) over the last 5 years from abroad and he was without doubt the most efficient and reliable and just a genuinely nice guy. I even ended up with money being returned to me which has not been my typical experience. I couldn't recommend him highly enough if you have any immigration questions. I'm using his services now for the sale of an apartment and fell in safe hands. Will update after all has completed.
Rhys

Héctor Gabriel Celano
AV BELGRANO 634, 2 A
Mobile 54 9 11 4400 9278
Email [email protected]

Back