iPhone 3GS with 4.0.2 iOS jailbreak/unlock

spark01

Registered
Hola!
Does anyone know someone who can jailbreak/unlock my iPhone? I don't think they will have an update anytime soon (not sure). I tried to downgrade to 4.0.1 but something about my SHSH blobs made that a bit difficult. If anyone has any advice, it would be so greatly appreciated. I am about to throw it out the window. :D

you cant i have the same issue
brought mine to sell but deleted files and it installed 4.0.2 while deleting and were screwed till i think december....

Jailbreakme.com

that's not happy news. :( i guess i need to bite the bullet and buy a cheap cell phone. it's a laborious process for me and spending $60 on a phone when i have a great one sitting on my table... no me gusta. thanks for responding... now that i know it won't come out until december, i can deal. ;)

There is a jailbreak out for it. Check out http://www.jailbreakme.com/faq.html and whatever you do not upgrade the firmware. Basically you can jail break your phone by surfing to this web page. I did it with 2 IPod Touch 2G just a month ago. It was too easy compared to previous jailreaks. They just released a Jailbreak for 4.1 but it is not as easy as going to a web site. Once it is Jailbroke you have to load an app from Cydia that will unblock your phone. Youtube search this and you will find your answers.

JBH we already updraded before we left we had to I tunes would not let me wipe the phone clean without doing it! there is not break for 4.0.2

When hacking the iPhone there are two categories to worry about. The iPhone is essentially a computer with a GSM modem attached to it. So there is the Operating System for the computer half of the phone and the Base band is like the OS for the Modem half.

When Hackers start to crack the iPhone the first thing they usually hack is the OS, by finding a method to Activate and Jailbreak the phone. All this means is that they've found a way into the OS and gained read/write access to the file system. This is fine if all you want to do is use tour iPhone as an iPod Touch. If, however, you want to make and receive calls you must also hack the modem. This requires hacking the Baseband so that it will accept non-AT&T SIM cards, this process is known as unlocking.

<http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071224053538AAzbVYe>

Check the version of your Base band version under Settings>General>About>Modem Version

The versions that work with the Jailbreak <ultrasn0w> are 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 5.13.04

FYI

This has some good information on the cost of using an iphone in Argentina without a plan. it is not cheap.

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/8327-iphone-working-data-movistar-pre-paid.html

Zackdotcom said:
wait how holy shit what am i missing here?
HELP!!!!!

I have two iPhones, one is is a 3G and one is a 3GS, I think, but I am quite technologically challenged so I'm not 100% sure. They both have the latest iTunes upgrade which made jailbreaking/unlocking impossible until recently I hear? I want to see if I can't unlock them both to use one with a Movistar chip and one with a Personal.

Would any expat techie be willing to meet me in any cafe at any time to help me do it? I've tried dozens of times to do it myself, each more unsuccessful than the last, and I'm reluctant to pay the $200 pesos they ask for in electronics stores when I know it's technically possibly to do it alone.

Let me know... I would be eternally grateful! :)

laina7 said:
Would any expat techie be willing to meet me in any cafe at any time to help me do it? I've tried dozens of times to do it myself, each more unsuccessful than the last, and I'm reluctant to pay the $200 pesos they ask for in electronics stores when I know it's technically possibly to do it alone.

Let me know... I would be eternally grateful! :)

I can help you out with this. Send me a PM if you are interested in meeting up. Unlocking will depend on your Baseband firmware version.

Setting>General>About>Modem Firmware

If the Modem Firmware is 05.14.02 you will have to wait until they develop a hack for it. If if is an earlier version than everything is possible.

John

Back