iPhone 3GS screen replacement

syngirl

Registered
It finally happened, my iPhone screen cracked after falling down the stairs in our apartment (the iPhone, not me). Any experience/recommends for where to get it replaced? (wish it had happened 5 days ago while in canada that's for sure)

I remember reading a thread about a shop in Olivos who could do this and was highly recommended. Perhaps a search , or the nice person who provided the info on the earlier post could respond again. It is a couple blocks from my house , which is why I remember. Although I do not have an i phone :(

Yes, he is Daniel at Todo Laptop in Olivos.
He's a good man and does this every day.
I'll post his number when I get to work.
:)

Out of curiosity has anyone ever replaced an Ipad screen? My son dropped an ipad a few months ago and I took it to the Apple store and they said it would be cheaper to just buy a new one vs. replacing it. It works perfectly except for the shattered screen. LOL.

Now I heard these things still have value for parts. Has anyone bothered to replace a shattered ipad screen?

Thanks Marc -- called Daniel and will take it over there today -- cheap(er) for a 3GS than the last person`s iphone 4 replacement screen -- only 250 pesos... guess that`s the benefit of having older gen stuff in Argentina.

Re iPad -- ouch. Yes here they are so bloody expensive and thanks to import issues probably would be cheaper to buy -- but if you like I can ask when I drop off phone whether they do ipads as well -- is it first gen / second?

We just got an iPad when we went home -- and the next thing I bought for it was a protective case, the Garmin SURVIVOR. We have a 1 year old so military-grade protection is nice to have! Funnily enough I didn't even have a screen protector on my phone though... will have to see if we have any to put on the new screen when I get it. The survivor is great protection against a toddler, the only annoying thing is it makes the whole thing weigh more than a kilo -- but that also is added protection against the kid, since he can only lug it so far in the first place!

syngirl said:
Re iPad -- ouch. Yes here they are so bloody expensive and thanks to import issues probably would be cheaper to buy -- but if you like I can ask when I drop off phone whether they do ipads as well -- is it first gen / second?

Thanks Syngirl! Yes, if you don't mind asking while you are there I'd appreciate it. It's first generation. We already replaced it with a 2nd generation for him.

People tell me these things are still worth something for parts. It does work, just with the shattered glass.

I have the 3rd generation. I just upgraded to OS 6.0 this morning and was surprised to see that it automatically deleted Google Maps so not happy about that. Google Maps is much better than Apple Maps.

EarlyRetirement -- Went a got my phone fixed yesterday, took an hour and a half, as they had said it would. I did ask them about your iPad -- they do iPad repairs, for a 1st gen screen replacement it is 1350 pesos -- sorry I forgot to ask him how long it would take.

syngirl said:
EarlyRetirement -- Went a got my phone fixed yesterday, took an hour and a half, as they had said it would. I did ask them about your iPad -- they do iPad repairs, for a 1st gen screen replacement it is 1350 pesos -- sorry I forgot to ask him how long it would take.

Thanks so much for taking the time to ask them. At 1,350 it doesn't sound like it's worth it. Maybe I can just sell it on Ebay or Craigslist for spare parts. Thanks again for checking.

Back