Ireland v France

GarrettB

Registered
Just wondering if anyone knows where there's a good place to watch the match on Saturday. Preferably in Palermo, although that doesn't matter too much. It'd be nice to watch the game somewhere with a good atmosphere.

Cheers

Last time I looked, the Kilkenny didn't have a TV.... (If they have now, let me know).

I watched the 6 Nations Rugby in Down Town Matias at Recoleta, by the Argentine Design Centre, and will be looking there for Saturday's game, along with the rugby on Sunday when we play the Aussies....

I'm currently having heart palpitations over being able to watch this game - I realy dont want to be relying on the internet stream.

Anyone know for definite where its on?

I was actually able to watch the last match on TV in the apartment** (ESPN or FOX I forget which one) but Im having diffculty finding local TV listings for those stations. The fact that we're playing France (i.e. a team the locals here are familiar with) makes me think theres a decent chance it could be on TV and on in several bars/cafes.

** == I was actually able to watch the 1st half in the Gibraltar British bar in St Telmo but had to leave at halftime due to the neanderthal-like qualities of the guys in the bar there - talk about walking national steretypes.

soma said:
I'm currently having heart palpitations over being able to watch this game - I realy dont want to be relying on the internet stream.

Anyone know for definite where its on?

I was actually able to watch the last match on TV in the apartment** (ESPN or FOX I forget which one) but Im having diffculty finding local TV listings for those stations. The fact that we're playing France (i.e. a team the locals here are familiar with) makes me think theres a decent chance it could be on TV and on in several bars/cafes.

** == I was actually able to watch the 1st half in the Gibraltar British bar in St Telmo but had to leave at halftime due to the neanderthal-like qualities of the guys in the bar there - talk about walking national steretypes.

hey hey, dont talk about my boys

Good news for all - ESPN is showing the game live tomorrow, so that should ease worries, even if the commentary will be in Spaniish -

Easy Spanish/Irish soccer lesson #1 - "GOL GOL GOL Robbie Keane", roughly translates as "See you in South Africa".....

Liam3494 said:
Good news for all - ESPN is showing the game live tomorrow, so that should ease worries, even if the commentary will be in Spaniish -

Easy Spanish/Irish soccer lesson #1 - "GOL GOL GOL Robbie Keane", roughly translates as "See you in South Africa".....

is the game at 5? I'll be a Gibraltar... all the other places will be showing college football

Liam3494 said:
I watched the 6 Nations Rugby in Down Town Matias at Recoleta, by the Argentine Design Centre

Liam, I was chatting to a barman in Downtown Matias in Belgrano today. He was saying that normally yeah they'd be showing the Ireland game (TV station dependent of course..) but the problem was that the game was clashing with the Argentina friendly in Spain..

..do you think the one in Recoleta would be different..?

That's great about ESPN - I just hope its the flavour of ESPN that I have in the apt! Is there more than one? Anyone recomend a site for TV listings? Update: Great it's on 'regular' ESPN: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/spo...le?date=20091114&network=53&country=argentina

Back