Irish Dilemma

jb724 said:
Thank Nossyd..its a step alright but screw ya only live once and if i dont even consider it I will regret it in 10 years..Not a dress rehearsal blah blah..i suppose i could take leave of absence from the job to try it out first. No Im not chasing the money (golden handcuffs)...the celtic tiger has shown me the futility of that bollixology!! glad to hear youre enjoying it,Ill be onto ya again for sure if youre ok with it when the time draws near...meantime Ill work on my romantic poetry and table manners:)
that should say "screw it ya only live once" Nossy..not screw ya as above!

gouchobob said:
I'm not sure what you mean by quality of life. I know your home country is having difficulty now but if you are looking for economic stability, honest government, moving to Argentina is like jumping from the frying pan into the fires of hell. Yes you could probably make it there today on the amount you mention, however inflation is very high a year or two from now maybe not and it's extremely difficult to make money working. I think if your are considering making the move solely because you think your money will go farther you will likely be disappointed. I think a fair estimate is that 80% of the people that try moving to a new country are back home within two years.

To live for working or working for living. There, here. Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
To live for working or working for living. There, here. Regards

That's one definition but it very subjective. My experience is that a change of venue doesn't eliminate the problems of life. Usually what's happened to me is that I have exchanged one set of problems for another. My point in saying this is that many people move to get away from something only to discover the new situation is as bad or worse than the one they had. People need to assess when considering making a move to another country what it is they really want. Frankly if he makes the move he will be able to get by on the money he brings without a lot of extras. His chances of gainful employee making more than beer money isn't great. Getting away from the rat race is very appealing for most people but inactivity wears thin after a while. This is the reality and the reason most people who make the move end up moving back home.

Back