Is 35% Afip Refundable On International Airfare??

peterrosenthorn

Registered
Hi,

I'm booking an airfare (Buenos Aires to London) through an agent here and they say that the price they've given me includes 35% AFIP.

Even though I'm a foreigner (I'm tourist here, no special visa, not working here, not registered, etc.)

I'm booking it using an Australian Card.

Can anyone tell me

1. If the 35% can be claimed back?

2. If there's someway to book it without paying it in the first place
(without going through another site, or the airline directly, etc)

Thanks

I may be completely wrong, but I thought the 35% wasn't applicable when booked with a non Arg credit card.

Hi,

I'm booking an airfare (Buenos Aires to London) through an agent here and they say that the price they've given me includes 35% AFIP.

Even though I'm a foreigner (I'm tourist here, no special visa, not working here, not registered, etc.)

I'm booking it using an Australian Card.

Can anyone tell me

1. If the 35% can be claimed back?

2. If there's someway to book it without paying it in the first place
(without going through another site, or the airline directly, etc)

Thanks

If you use the search function you will find a lot of information and debate on this.

I may be completely wrong, but I thought the 35% wasn't applicable when booked with a non Arg credit card.

So did I, but she said it would be.

Could it be that she is converting it to Pesos (from US) but at the blue rate? (Because it is a foreign card)
Or something like that?

If you use the search function you will find a lot of information and debate on this.

I've been searching, but not with much success. Any chance of pointing me in the right direction? Por favor ;-)
Do you know of any posts that deal with this specifically? (i.e. getting the 35% refunded, foreign credit card, flight, etc. )

Thanks

NO! One more time NO.
This dumb ass tourist has paid the 35% income tax for tickets originating at EZE on Delta twice and another time for having to change a reservation on a return leg of a trip out of EZE. Used a USA credit card with a billing address in USA on Delta airlines: evil empire currency. End of my tear jerking f...ing story. Get over it and move on.

Back