Is Argentina Finally Cracking Down On Corruption?

Clarification is 20 tickets per month...
congressmen claim that $120000 per month is not enough since some magistrates earn $380,000 tax free...! Judges don't pay income taxes...Also refuse to submit a Declaration of Assets..?

Add insult to injury one of Macris closest associate from his Party, Diputada Carrio, when asked in a TV interview why she cashed About US$17,000 last year in unused airline tickets. She answered she travels by car all over the country, she represents though the BA Province. She claimed she is sacrificing a Brilliant career as an attorney in the Private sector, making more money, to serve the People in congress..:mad:

Can you be specific or provide cites? What was Macri's role in Obedrecht? Are judicial proceedings warranted? What would the Panama papers demonstrate? I would need substantiation of your "all criminals" now statement.

Julian, do you live in a mayoinaisse jar or what?
Macri is being investigated for being a partner of Obedrecht: Macri is Obedecht.

Off shores for idiots: you have an off shore that nobody knew it were yours. So, you make a loan from you to your secret you so, then, you do not pay income tax because you lost money because you didn’t pay to you.

Here you have an example of self loan, only 50 million usd:
http://www.politicargentina.com/not...un-entramado-offshore-del-padre-de-macri.html

The whole administration have off shores. Caputo is the last scandal.

Julian, do you live in a mayoinaisse jar or what?
Macri is being investigated for being a partner of Obedrecht: Macri is Obedecht.

Off shores for idiots: you have an off shore that nobody knew it were yours. So, you make a loan from you to your secret you so, then, you do not pay income tax because you lost money because you didn’t pay to you.

Here you have an example of self loan, only 50 million usd:
http://www.politicargentina.com/not...un-entramado-offshore-del-padre-de-macri.html

The whole administration have off shores. Caputo is the last scandal.
I do not live in a mayonaisse (sic) jar and I'm afraid the allusion is lost on me. Sometimes I think that you, like other loud mouthed critics of the Macri admin are just throwng a bunch of ill-defined crap at him and hoping some of it sticks. Your off shores for idiots is not clear to me and I can assure you my IQ is above average. Could it be a combination of poor language skills and your sloppy explanation that prevents me from comprehending your message about criminal activity involving off shore companies controlled by the Macri family? Or is just that the facts do not support your conclusions?
Please specify what it is about Macri's involvment in "Obedrecht" (sic) that is causing you to froth at the mouth? You make sweeping allegations with the most condemnatory finality, but your accusations lack clarity. Consequently, I think you are simply expressing a politically oriented agenda, not exposing a scandal. Where are Boudou and Anibel Fernandez when we need them?

Last edited:
Boudou and Fernandez had been found non guilty. The whole thing about La Morsa was fake.
I think you should read more about obvious facts and history of this country.
Regarding how the off shores fraud works, i do a better effort: the whole idea of the off shore is that nobody should know it is yours, that’s all about the Panama Papers: it was disclosure who owns them. And Macri lied several times about the topic. I wonder why?
So, here you pay sale tax 21% plus income tax 35%.
So, the is fraud is all about to loan money or pay fake invoices to an off shore company that in reality is also you. So, your company has no income and you do not pay that 35%.
The other ways it was used by the Macri family was not paying the royalties to the State for the argentine mail company for 4.5 billion usd. They used the off shores to empty the Correo Argentino of cash, so they say “I’m broke”. Recently the new scandal was that Franco Macri made a self loan of 50 million usd from one of the off shores. Seems he was not so broke after all...
All this is criminally illegal.

Last edited:
Absolutely Impossible to eliminate corruption...!o_O

No too different from the Italian System.

I don't know about government officials but I can tell you that the plastic industry where I work is highly corrupt, here are examples:

1. some domestic suppliers are faking numerous plastic products such as nylon, they makes low quality pellets from recycled plastic or low grade industrial refuse that would not pass international standards, then they bag them and put Dupont on the bag and sell it as an original import and charge a lot of money for it, then the crap-quality injected product gets sold to the argentine consumer and we all suffer the consequences of breaking parts in cars, motorcycles, hospital equipment, etc. they accomplish these feats by bribing regulators and inspectors. Same goes with safety in the manufacturing sector, small and big companies bribe health officials to put check marks upon their visits even though there is machine oil leaking into the environment, fuels absorbing into soil and bad electrical wiring risking the safety of employees, often times causing fires.

2. AFIP guys collecting bribes from companies who should have been shut down due to not paying income taxes but still afloat because they were buying the officials off with cash. Sometimes AFIP even fight among themselves, competing for those bribes. They aren't shy about asking for cash either, they say it's normal and acceptable.

3. the judiciary is also corrupt when it comes to cases where employees sue the companies because the judges take money and close the case or sway it in the opposite direction if the accuser pays more, everything is pre-arranged with the secretary and both lawyers without even seeing the judge, there is no transparency anywhere and no way to dispute unless you are wealthy and know someone with influence. Blackmailing is a common tactic when someone in the judiciary feels threatened, they even threaten fresh graduates who want to enter the law environment and do things right, basically dissuading them from taking up judging positions.

4. the workers unions are collecting bribes as well, at least the plastic ones, they come in and say: "we know that you've got 10 employees working under the table, we can shut you down tomorrow but if you pay me you can go on..." and there is no transparency about who paid income taxes and who didn't, and no third party verification system to monitor whether companies really are complying with the rules and whether the inspections were compliant with all the regulations.

5. the police are corrupt as well, working with pimps and illegal gamblers making money on the side, accepting bribes, the entire system is well established and well oiled, that's why macri wanted to overhaul the police but couldn't really do it due to lack of resources. very similar to how it is run under putin's russia, he accepted to mafia as an integral part of the economic system and they support him for that.

6. municipalities are probably corrupt too because everything is broken and abandoned, and highly inefficient, they do not rotate employees, people with special connections get the positions and the whole machine keep on rolling while the roads remain destroyed, parks in poor shape, public facilities in disrepair and no enforcing mechanism in place to collect taxes from people who refused to pay them. Not mentioning the leaky water pipes and smelly leaky gas pipes that could be repaired if the city held those companies responsible and stayed on top of the game.

Overall the situation is grave because everybody got used to cheating and not paying, they think that paying up is optional and that repairs and organization should be left for wealthy capitalists, there is no concept of what it means to run a city or a province on a budget in an efficient way, instead they bring huge 70s tractors to collect dry branches from the side of the road while the huge diesel trucks are idling for no reason for the entire day, workers then take too many breaks and waste public resources, no supervision, no accountability.

Waste along with selfish complacency is what got this country into a hole and will probably put an end to argentine identity once and for all once one of the regional powers decides to intrude politically and militarily. Personally i would embrace any foreign invasion of argentina knowing that sovereignty is worth nothing unless corruption is kept in check and the rule of law is respected.

expat0tree -
I disagree with the solution you propose,
.....and will probably put an end to argentine identity once and for all once one of the regional powers decides to intrude politically and militarily. Personally i would embrace any foreign invasion of argentina knowing that sovereignty is worth nothing unless corruption is kept in check and the rule of law is respected.

@gracielle

The reason why I accept foreign intervention is because I don't believe Argentines are capable of self-governance. Look at what happened in Ukraine as an example, Russia attacked them and annexed a portion of their territory in 2014, killed a bunch of their people and even with the newly elect president they largely failed to rein in corruption until IMF placed a condition to releasing additional funds in order to avoid default, they basically said: "set up an independent third party anti-corruption court in order to control the budget money that keeps being wasted and we'll help you with finances to deter complete economic melt down", meantime Ukrainians embraced international help in form of military advice and various other foreign expertise to come in and do things differently even within the government itself. All this happened because they are under physical threat of an actual invasion.

Now imagine a similar situation in Argentina where foreign money dictates the creation of new government bodies with the potential to bring order, wouldn't that be positive? Sure people will protest and beat the drums of foreign occupation but at the same time that would be an opportunity to purge the old ugly mafia that prevents Argentina from becoming transparent and competitive on the international arena, currently there are internal forces that prevent this country from investing in education and joining OECD.

So the aggression towards Ukraine was act of aggression and a blessing in disguise because it kicked them out of complacency, otherwise they would have never accepted deep reforms, corruption doesn't die on its own. The same thing has to happen here, first we need to get attacked by Brazil or Chile or some other power and then we need foreign financial aid with heavy conditions to encourage reform, then we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I really don't see any other solution to deep rooted corruption, please prove me wrong.

@gracielle

The reason why I accept foreign intervention is because I don't believe Argentines are capable of self-governance. Look at what happened in Ukraine as an example, Russia attacked them and annexed a portion of their territory in 2014, killed a bunch of their people and even with the newly elect president they largely failed to rein in corruption until IMF placed a condition to releasing additional funds in order to avoid default, they basically said: "set up an independent third party anti-corruption court in order to control the budget money that keeps being wasted and we'll help you with finances to deter complete economic melt down", meantime Ukrainians embraced international help in form of military advice and various other foreign expertise to come in and do things differently even within the government itself. All this happened because they are under physical threat of an actual invasion.

Now imagine a similar situation in Argentina where foreign money dictates the creation of new government bodies with the potential to bring order, wouldn't that be positive? Sure people will protest and beat the drums of foreign occupation but at the same time that would be an opportunity to purge the old ugly mafia that prevents Argentina from becoming transparent and competitive on the international arena, currently there are internal forces that prevent this country from investing in education and joining OECD.

So the aggression towards Ukraine was act of aggression and a blessing in disguise because it kicked them out of complacency, otherwise they would have never accepted deep reforms, corruption doesn't die on its own. The same thing has to happen here, first we need to get attacked by Brazil or Chile or some other power and then we need foreign financial aid with heavy conditions to encourage reform, then we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I really don't see any other solution to deep rooted corruption, please prove me wrong.

Firstly to all the members here your comments on Argentina are completely uncalled for . Who are you to judge that a country should be invaded using your standards of corruption . All countries in the world have corruption that would be intolerable for most decent people . In the USA millions of people have been bankrupted as to pay medical bills to a greedy unfair system that is the most expensive in the world . Talk about the pot calling the kettle black !

Back