Is Argentina Headed Out of the G-20?

The G20 in simple terms is nothing more than a get together of large economies (including developing) to discuss and respond to economic issues at a global level.

I think Argentina should be outed not because it may or may not be outpaced by Poland but because it has demonstrated it has no interest in any form of cooperation with the international economic community. From its trade policies, to continually making a mockery of its data and its attitude towards the international community it simply cant be trusted.

bepo said:
I repeat a recent post: Argentina economic output does not compare to other countries like Poland. However, you can take Poland out of the map and the actual economy will not take notice. If you take Argentina out of the map, the consequences are vast for everybody. Why? Neither Poland, or Chile or other good economic performers can claim -as Argentina can- to have an enormous impact in the production of strategic non-transferable goods and raw materials. Argentina ranks between 4 and 6 in 8 of the 12 "strategic commodities" listed in the CIA book of facts. There are are only five countries in the world that surpass Argentina in this respect. In the new world configuration (in a world in which the emergence of China has given new leverage to producers of food and raw materials) the non-transferable riches are going to play an enormous role.

Do you mean overall in these 12 that Argentina is ranked 5? I imagine a number of emerging countries are in this field. But I dont think that automatically gives them an entry card in to the G20, a membership list which generally is based on the size of your economy and no doubt economic management credibility.

In relation to the bolded part, the key is the relationship between the resources and the ability of the country to harness those riches and use them appropriately. Even with an abundance of resources (which we know Argentina has), it will never reaches its potential until it has a government which knows how to run things. Until it gets that, it will continue to lag behind its Latin American counterparts such as Chile and Brazil. Its embarassing to think that Peru and Colombia are hot on its heels.

From what this government has shown so far it is about as responsible as a 5 year old child and I wouldnt trust them doing anything properly. Clarin lies socks for the poor in Angola - really?

niceguyeddie said:
What benefits are there for being a member of the G20?

Your country is in on the scam...... Don't know if that is really a benefit for the people but it certainly is for the bought and paid for leaders.....

Towncryr said:
Your country is in on the scam...... Don't know if that is really a benefit for the people but it certainly is for the bought and paid for leaders.....

Sorry, but I'm still none the wiser.

Back