Is it a bad idea to open my laptop in the parque?

Years ago a friend's "welcome to Argentina" experience was having her laptop bag pinched when she decided to "sit and study" in a park. Good luck!

Simply compare the cost of your laptop with the amount of the minimum wage in Argentina and you will get your answer. Unfortunately today it is a luxury object

I wouldn't sit in s park with a laptop one of my kids was rob of hos laptop and mobile in the same day. I still remember near Callao and Santa Fe and a second time on Puerto Madero

You are gambling basically. All it takes is the wrong person to come along and cause you a problem, like a drug user who is also carrying an illegal arm. You get the point. I personally would not do it unless absolutely necessary. A laptop is very enticing.

For the number of places you can bring a laptop to, one might as well just buy a desktop computer and have a bigger monitor and better keyboard. You’re best off just keeping computers at home all the time.

You are gambling basically. All it takes is the wrong person to come along and cause you a problem, like a drug user who is also carrying an illegal arm. You get the point. I personally would not do it unless absolutely necessary. A laptop is very enticing.
Get a cheap, used laptop for cafes. Sit away from open windows.

Back