Is It Just Me? Voluntary Deportation

mini said:
In a real crisis, governments and governmental bodies will come and pick you up on war ships. I've had friends evacuated from war zones. Try go get your country to bail you out cuz you "don't like it" and can't get family & friends to pitch is maybe not the same thing.

That's my point

Mind you, I was among the last foreigners who were rescued from Baghdad in 2003. and most of us Europeans were rescued by Swedish Embassy

@gsi I don't mean mindless jobs only. Yes, PhD is a nice thing to have, a big plus and no one denies it. But, if not backed by real business, artistic or scientific skills, not worth a lot. Namely nowadays in the hyper-production era of academical credentials

I do hire and work with people who are cutting edge tech types. If you were referring to my call center job advert, it's just a side business

elclandestino said:
That's my point

Mind you, I was among the last foreigners who were rescued from Baghdad in 2003. and most of us Europeans were rescued by Swedish Embassy

Well, you could have just said that in this case it was unlikely that governments and governmental agencies would help out. Your statement was much wider than that. But I do love a good generalization. ;)

And anyway, you replied to me and I was just pointing out that usually the country whose passport you traveled on is the one who is responsible, or at least who gets involved first. That's at least what I've understood.

mini said:
Well, you could have just said that in this case it was unlikely that governments and governmental agencies would help out. Your statement was much wider than that. But I do love a good generalization. ;)

And anyway, you replied to me and I was just pointing out that usually the country whose passport you traveled on is the one who is responsible, or at least who gets involved first. That's at least what I've understood.

You talk based on rumors and I talk based on experience

Governments and governmental institutions really like to wash their hands off and heving two or more passports is such a case for all governments involved

Legally, yes, the country on whose passport you entered a country is responsible. Reality is somewhat different

Anyways, the OP doesn't qualify as her life (hopefully) is not in danger

Back