Is it just the season or what?

Adios_USA

Registered
I have been in Argentina for 3+ years now and notice that during the fall/winter months the milk and cream have an off taste that is almost intolerable to me. Now for the last few weeks ALL the beef I have purchased at COTO market has an almost rancid, putrified smell when cooked. Is this normal because of the decreased amount of UVA/B & decreased natural vitamin D production? Or is this just a sign that the cattle around here are becoming more and more factory farmed and aren;t getting to eat natural food out in the pasture? Any thoughts on the subject are greatly appreciated!

I bought some asado last night at Disco and it has the same problem....

Why not try a local neighborhood carniceria? You are bound to get better meat. Supermarkets have never been known for having good quality beef.

el_expatriado said:
Why not try a local neighborhood carniceria? You are bound to get better meat. Supermarkets have never been known for having good quality beef.

Supermarkets weren't bad when i first came now they're pretty terrible.

I don't think it is how cattle is fed, I think they are not selling as much and the products are going stale in the shelves. The same thing has happened to me with ham, chicken and even fruits and veggies. People are spending less.

It can be hit and miss with meat here.. any off colour and i dont buy.. eg meat/mince with grey/blue bits in it.. and i have noticed the look of the meat is getting worse too, and always alot more stock on shelves so maybe isnt selling as fast as it use to.

Back