Is It Possible To Find Love In Argentina?

Read the best seller -

Kiss & Tango
Looking for Love in Buenos Aires
by Marina Palmer (2005)

Approaching her dreaded thirtieth birthday--without a doting husband, a fabulous apartment, or children and a nanny--Marina Palmer suddenly found herself adrift with anxiety. She was a successful advertising executive but was bored by her job. Lasting love was proving elusive and her weekly visit to the therapist had multiplied by three. Then, on a whimsical vacation to South America, Palmer discovered the passion that her life was missing. At a steamy two a.m. milonga, she caught her first glimpse of Argentina's signature dance and feel head over heels from the sidelines.

Some believe it can be rented...by the hour.

I really think they are HONEST here. Argentine female is very INDEPENDENT and very much PROUD and FREE. And certainly is NOT desperate for money. If she likes you, is not cause she has an agenda. She will drop you like a stone without any thought if she feels like it. Of course they still are a mystery, but they give you a lot more direct clues straight in your face.
Back home you can never figure out someone living under the same roof for decades ... the mind games and the planning, the manipulation & calculation ....

But .. hey what do I know?

I'm getting married in 6 weeks. Yipppee!!!

From my limited experience it seems that people here play less games, look deeper inside prospective partners.

Read the best seller -

Kiss & Tango
Looking for Love in Buenos Aires
by Marina Palmer (2005)

Approaching her dreaded thirtieth birthday--without a doting husband, a fabulous apartment, or children and a nanny--Marina Palmer suddenly found herself adrift with anxiety. She was a successful advertising executive but was bored by her job. Lasting love was proving elusive and her weekly visit to the therapist had multiplied by three. Then, on a whimsical vacation to South America, Palmer discovered the passion that her life was missing. At a steamy two a.m. milonga, she caught her first glimpse of Argentina's signature dance and feel head over heels from the sidelines.

A truly trite and awful book.

I've been involved socially and professionally in the tango scene here for years. It is the last place in the world to look for love. Sex, yes, something extra, yes.un cafecito? Yes. Love? Don't think so. Most men and many women that go to the milongas are already in committed relationships. They might take off their rings. They may not enter or leave together. But they are together with someone. That person may or may not know their sig.other is at a milonga. They may even be there as well.sitting with the other singles..But it is all just a big, sensuous tease. If you're looking for something extra, or sex,yes you can maybe find it there. And once in a blue moon someone might meet someone. But I think you'd find better statistics using Internet dating, which personally I've never had success with either.The only love I find at the milongas is in the sad tango lyrics that they play.

Back