Is it really true that if I pay the uber driver by tarjeta, he gets nothing?

Fiscal

Registered
Several Uber drivers have complained to me that when I pay by credit card, they end up not receiving any money at all from Uber. Is this really true?

Several Uber drivers have complained to me that when I pay by credit card, they end up not receiving any money at all from Uber. Is this really true?

The drivers that say that are the ones that always take cash, and 'forget' to pay Uber their cut.

Uber will then debit this from the drivers next credit card payed journey. This can result in a a whole journey's cc payment being swallowed up by back comissions in some cases. So to say they don't receive the money without that context is misleading.

That's as far as I understand it anyway.

The people I know who use Uber always pay in cash and avoid the issue/random cancellations, etc.

Good Luck!

Uber drivers all over the world accept the credit card. Maybe the drivers do not like the exchange rate.

Thanks for the info! That explains a lot! If drivers are constantly avoiding paying Uber, isn't Uber eventually just going to leave Argentina?

nah. i doubt there are that many bad apples to run uber out of argentina. they will just get banned as operators. there will be plenty more behind them to replace them.

Tried Cabify today, and the driver said paying by card was perfectly fine with them. But I have to say it is in, my view, frustrating that various Uber drivers here feel an entitlement to drive Uber without providing Uber any compensation whatsoever, and then complain to me that I am basically costing them money etc.. because I'm paying by card. I am basically paying their contractual debt to Uber.

Apparently when they are getting close to the address where you are waiting for them, they can see if you are paying by card and they cancel the trip sometimes. After a few cancellations by the driver, Uber cancels the driver's account if they realize that there is a pattern.

Ah ok that explains why no one is actually canceling my trips. They just go on tirades about how Uber is stealing "their" money and that I am screwing them over.

The drivers that say that are the ones that always take cash, and 'forget' to pay Uber their cut.

Uber will then debit this from the drivers next credit card payed journey. This can result in a a whole journey's cc payment being swallowed up by back comissions in some cases. So to say they don't receive the money without that context is misleading.

That's as far as I understand it anyway.

The people I know who use Uber always pay in cash and avoid the issue/random cancellations, etc.

Good Luck!

That's what I've been told by Uber drivers here. When you pay in cash there is still a commission from Uber, but since the company can't collect it, it goes on the Uber drivers account as a debit. So when someone pays with a credit card that money goes to paying down their debt that they have accrued from all the cash payments.

It seems like some drivers just try to avoid people who pay with credit cards all together while others say they don't mind taking credit cards once in a while to help pay down their debt with Uber.

Cabify doesn't have this same issue because their service is regulated and legal here.

I’ve never paid an Uber with cash here, and never heard of a driver complaining. Not many cancellations either.
I have seen drivers do the very-prevalent-in-NY passive aggressive move of just not coming, until I am forced to cancel the trip.

Back