Is Buenos Aires REALLY dangerous?

paver

Registered
I mean, if you live in a barrio cerrado, don't go out at night, move around by car with windows closed... is it really likely to get robbed or to experience some sort of violence? Thanks!!

I mean, if you live in a barrio cerrado, don't go out at night, move around by car with windows closed... is it really likely to get robbed or to experience some sort of violence? Thanks!!

Because I have three small children and I don’t want to wake up with a gun pointed to my face in the middle of the night or to be robbed 14 times in total, like it happened to my neighbor?
You must enjoy living in a city like Philadelphia or Chicago? Only 14 times?! In those 2 cities that is a low figure.

You must enjoy living in a city like Philadelphia or Chicago? Only 14 times?! In those 2 cities that is a low figure.
I like the US-centrism of certain people... I'm from Europe and I never feared being robbed or being shot in the street, which I heard it can happen here. And I am not really interested in comparing Argentina with dynamics in the US (or in any other Country, for that matter), I asked a question about how safe it is living here since we just moved into a Country (the neighbour being robbed 14 times is an expat living in Argentina since 30 years) and I would like to avoid certain situation or at least prevent them by adopting (or not adopting) certain behaviours.

Car ownership means upper middle-class .You will have to leave the confines of the barrio cerrado to shop,school ,healthcare etc... The exposure to crime is marginally higher,depending on the neighbourhoods you visit.

Back