Is It Time to Bail Out of the US?

I thought of this thread yesterday (especially the first nine or ten pages). While the Prez was taking his lumps the Fed was doing this:

http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...on-in-treasury-bonds-in-quantitative-easing-2

Here's the bottom line (literally):

"China many not be too happy as the U.S. dollars they hold in huge numbers become less valuable!"

Watch what happens to food prices in the US in the next year.

And watch what happens if the Chinese stop financing the US debt.

steveinbsas said:

"China many not be too happy as the U.S. dollars they hold in huge numbers become less valuable!"

And watch what happens if the Chinese stop financing the US debt.

This might be informative.

Its pretty much on-going process.

Despite publicly expressing concerns about the stability of the dollar, the Chinese government continues to buy U.S. Treasuries in massive numbers, according to reports.
China pushed its holding of U.S. Treasuries to $868.4 billion, holding off Japan to remain the world’s largest holder of American debt.
In July, China purchased $21.7 billion worth of U.S. debt in August, according to the Treasury Department. That was up from just $3 billion in July.
Japan purchased $117.1 billion worth of treasuries in August, up from $30 billion in July. Those purchases pushed Japan’s total U.S. debt holdings to $836.6 billion, making it the second largest holder of American debt.
Britain, the third largest holder of American debt, upped its holdings to $448.4 billion in August by purchasing $74.1 billion worth of debt.
Overall, foreign entities purchased $117.1 billion worth of American debt in August, up from just $30 billion in July.
According to experts, foreign entities are seeking the safety of the dollar in times of great economic uncertainty.
"As we have seen over the last months, in times of great uncertainty over the global recovery investors continue to view U.S. securities as a safe-haven refuge," Gregory Daco, U.S. senior economist at IHS Global Insight, told AFP.

I don't see any Chinese so unhappy though.
My opinion is that Chinese elite is just as "hardworking" one, as the global elite that running USA as a consumer for their products "made in China".

What I don't understand is why Japan still bying the US debt.
[MOre J.Perkins reading required?]

pikto99 said:
What I don't understand is why Japan still bying the US debt.

Because Japan has been a US vassal since 1945. China is not. The Chinese are unhappy about their dollar holdings but cannot do anything about them for fear of starting the very collapse they fear.

steveinbsas said:

What's gonna happen Brainiac Wizard? (PLEASE, PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN !!!)

DONALD TRUMP ON CHINA AND OPEC (Fox News)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_64UzVn7E

TRUMP AND WOLF BLITZER - CNN INTERVIEW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAnGBwjwpHI

Hey Steve, Do this rare thing and THINK for a second. If China stops financing the US debt what happens to China? Now it's your turn, YOU figure out the rest genius.....(no, no hints, sorry)

BTW, I'm not sticking up for America - and it's borrowing practices (or almost ANYTHING else it does these days) - cause the U$$A can get F-ed as far as I'm concerned - it's locked into the biggest addiction of Out-Of-Control GREED and PURE INSANITY that I've ever seen in my life - these effing Politicians, and I mean 99.9% of them - both sides - are on the Titanic but too caught up in their own little disgusting world of "we-must-win-at-all-costs" sh*t to care about the country - the pain and damage just one psychotic effing Politician can do is just unbelievable!!!. They don't represent us, the 98% "not-super-sonic-wealthy" part of the population.

TOP 2% MOST WEALTHY, SPECIAL INTERESTS, BIG MONEY OVERSEAS INTERESTS, MULTI-NATIONAL CORPS, AND THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX - everything else is just background noise. Hope that "noise" takes MASSIVE ACTION soon - For What It's Worth (if you get my drift. I for one can't wait) a very venomous Dudester

BEIJING 2030 Commercial - Banned on all 3 major networks (CBS/NBC/ABC). Not that I agree with ALL OF IT but food for thought - pretty interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5ehba0Adu8

There would be an easy way to refund the US debt...Sell Alaska back to Russia, Florida back to Spain, Louisiana back to France, Hawai back to Japanese, ask a war treasure reward to give New Mexico and California back to Mexico so that they can build a debt wall of shame on those new borders, ask texans a grant for their independence, in other words, sell your goods like the greeks were offered to sell their islands to Germans.

Tough on national pride isnt it...but is there any pride in printing money out of thin air?

azerty said:
Tough on national pride isnt it...but is there any pride in printing money out of thin air?

Is there any pride in Obama landing in India hat in hand trying to sell high-tech weaponry while sanctimoniously braying about peace? Or the USA openly torturing people? Or being stuck in a meaningless occupation in the Middle East? Or effectively having 22% unemployment annd a burgeoning population of beggars and homeless while throwing close to a trillion dollars a year on "defence?"

steveinbsas said:
See, I told you so. (February 07, 2009).

This is from October 2010, so don't forget to add the $600 billion from QE2:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20019931-503544.html

According to the article you cite, the budget was running at a 1.3 trillion annual deficit when Obama inherited the mess from Bush. If the budget is running at an annual deficit of 1.3 trillion when a Pres takes office, what is surprising about a 3 trillion increase in total deficit in a 2 year period? Especially when Dems and GOP agree that short term deficit spending is probably necessary to dig out of the economic mess Bush tax cuts and illegitimate wars created.
Do you really contend that Obama is responsible for the budget mess the US is suffering from? Do these additional facts and figures give you reason to reconsider such an idea -http://www.truth-out.org/the-great-t...and-facts65294

Tell us Steve, how would you reduce the deficit?

Back