Is Paris burning? Horrific news from France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not believe in coincidences . This seems like a very sophisticated fire that has caused the maximum damage possible to the Notre Dame Cathedral . In 2018 875 French Churches were vandalized . There seems to be a campaign to destroy the christian heritage in Europe and France is at the forefront due to its racial makeup .

What constitutes vandalism? Spray painting Pierre loves Marie in small letters on a perimiter wall of church grounds?

How many churches
were 'vandalised' in the preceding year and historically?

Evidence of a campaign to destroy Christian heritage?

Mainstream Christianity is becomingly increasingly irrelevant regardless of growth or increase in presence of other religions. Nice Christian buildings but it's legacy not so good.

Probably best to wait for collection and evaluation of evidence before forming a conclusion on Notre Dame fire. I can think of 10 possibilities for the cause of fire off the top of my head.

Last edited:
What constitutes vandalism? Spray painting Pierre loves Marie in small letters on a perimiter wall of church grounds?

How many churches

Mainstream Christianity is becomingly increasingly irrelevant regardless of growth or increase in presence of other religions. Nice Christian buildings but it's legacy not so good.

Probably best to wait for collection and evaluation of evidence before forming a conclusion on Notre Dame fire. I can think of 10 possibilities for the cause of fire off the top of my head.

In the last years there has been a huge campaign worldwide to destroy the christian heritage in countries like Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan and many others . Christians have been forced out of the middle east either though they have thousands of years of history in these lands . France has had over 875 attacks on christian churches in 2018 alone . Now we have the notre dame fire . It not hard to believe that this is related .

Also you mention that christianity is completely irrelevant says who ? I am a atheist but I respect the right of anyone to profess their beliefs peacefully . The christian culture is european and without this what do you have islam the fastest growing religion in the world . Without christianity the world will be a much darker place than it is today

How many churches

What's "mainstream Christianity"? And what would be non mainstream, Christianity? There is no doubt that Christianity is on the decline in Europe and very much on the upswing in other parts of the world, especially Africa. The growth religion in Europe is Islam. I think everyone knows that Islamists have staged many attacks in Europe and elsewhere. Whether they were behind the Notre Dame attack remains to be seen. Perry is right that Christians in Egypt, Syria and Iraq among other places have been persecuted, churches bombed and monasteries destroyed. The Christian minority in the Middle East, fairly significant until recently, has dramatically declined as Christians have had to flee persecution.

The "relevance" of Christianity can be agued. Personally I find Christian societies a lot more tolerant than Islamic ones in which women are denied basic rights, men can have four wives whom they virtually own, 'apostasy' is punishable by death and gays are persecuted and even executed.

Notre Dame is a Catholic cathedral but it's also open to anyone regardless of their religion and it's a major architectural and artistic treasure not only for France but the whole world.

What's "mainstream Christianity"? And what would be non mainstream, Christianity? There is no doubt that Christianity is on the decline in Europe and very much on the upswing in other parts of the world, especially Africa. The growth religion in Europe is Islam. I think everyone knows that Islamists have staged many attacks in Europe and elsewhere. Whether they were behind the Notre Dame attack remains to be seen. Perry is right that Christians in Egypt, Syria and Iraq among other places have been persecuted, churches bombed and monasteries destroyed. The Christian minority in the Middle East, fairly significant until recently, has dramatically declined as Christians have had to flee persecution.

The "relevance" of Christianity can be agued. Personally I find Christian societies a lot more tolerant than Islamic ones in which women are denied basic rights, men can have four wives whom they virtually own, 'apostasy' is punishable by death and gays are persecuted and even executed.

Notre Dame is a Catholic cathedral but it's also open to anyone regardless of their religion and it's a major architectural and artistic treasure not only for France but the whole world.

Thank you for your succinct post Sergio . Can you imagine what Europe would be like if there was no christian tradition . Islam would then be the predominant religion with all the laws and customs prevalent in this tradition . I can imagine all those expats who live in Holland, Germany, Sweden , France ,and Spain who will be restricted to living like many live in Saudi Arabia , Egypt , or Algeria .

This is their future and it seems that they are blissfully unaware or simply are too busy looking at their iphones and social networks to see their future reality .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back