Is The Economy Dead In Argentina?

Mr compulsive ,obsessive , psychotic, histronic man cannot leave me alone for a few days. I know it must get to you that you have not achieved the success in your life that you expected and the only way you can get some fame is harassing me and others on this forum .

I've decided to block Sami, who's simply not worth even the minor amusement I get from her borderline literacy. To paraphrase Churchill, "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

I've decided to block Sami, who's simply not worth even the minor amusement I get from her borderline literacy. To paraphrase Churchill, "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

Thank you ! And all of this started from a simple comment that I did not like your books and since then I have been attacked and stalked by this member at every turn . Im sure his publishers monitors these forums and they have decided to tell him to stop his bullying of others for his amusement .

Is the economy in Argentina dead? I'm not sure I know what this means. If they are saying that one can't come here and make money, or at least a decent living, then they are looking in the wrong direction. The economy is going through turmoil and that creates opportunities.

If they are saying that the economy is dead compared to 2004-2007 when even an idiot could come here and make money (lots did) then I would agree with them.
The economy of Argentina is Undead. It has been Undead for so long that it has begun to attract Vultures who think it appears to be dead. But it is playing possum. This is the famous Road Kill Manuver that was developed by the 2nd century Greeks.

Is it bullying ? Or is it just a very dry sense of humor ? I am a member of several other forums , and let me tell you , most everyone on this forum is quite polite , or at least their aggressive comments pale in comparison to some I have seen elsewhere. But really ,isn't it better to play nice ?

In the mean time , the economy in Argentina is....................

It's disappointing to learn how literal many people are, especially on the Internet. Reading more closely can be rewarding.

It's disappointing to learn how literal many people are, especially on the Internet. Reading more closely can be rewarding.

I have recieved many comments from members commending me for standing up to this bully and it all started because I said I did not like his books .He needs to read the comments of most of the members on this forum who are in disagreement with his boorish antics .

Certain segments of the economy are doing fine. Automotive , agriculture ,food retail, Corruption. Others such as Real Estate , Infrastructure , manufacturing investment , , are all suffering. All in all , nothing changes, The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The house of "k" cards will come crashing down soon.

Not to worry as soon as it collapses everybody will band together to start building a new house of cards....like they always do.
To quote the great Joni Mitchell:

And the seasons they go 'round and 'round​
And the painted ponies go up and down​
We're captive on the carousel of time​
We can't return we can only look behind​
From where we came​
And go round and round and round​
In the circle game​

I have recieved many comments from members commending me for standing up to this bully and it all started because I said I did not like his books .He needs to read the comments of most of the members on this forum who are in disagreement with his boorish antics .

What books does he write?

I do think having real Argentine friends is hard here (in answer to the question above).But what I think is don't worry about it. Just realize the situation and enjoy the time here. I do think that friendships with Americans a good idea. They have not been as damaged--YET! I think it's coming but Argentines have been through it--over and over. I think part of the problem may be that the Argentines find it hard to trust and maybe that includes trusting you. They surely don't trust each other because they are the ones that tell me never trust anyone for 2 or 3 years at least. I have decided not to let it bother me a bit. I will like them and befriend them anyway, but I won't depend on them. I was at Starbucks one day with my cynical Argentina girlfriend, having a wonderful time practicing my spanish on the people behind the counter. We were all laughing and before I got my coffee, everyone was gathered sharing the "conversation" (my bad spanish). I had a great time waiting for my coffee. When I went back to the table, my cynical friend said in disgust, "They are ridiculing you and you don't even know it."

I said "I don't care if they are. I'm having a good time and if they are too, that's a good thing!" And that is how I feel. But I do have very good American friends in Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. I wish they'd all go to the same place but they don't. Thanks to Skype and email, they're as close as my computer.

My Argentina friend who I am sure IS my friend, who tries so hard to educate me about maneuvering successfully in Argentina, tells me adamantly "I'm not Argentine. I'm German!" Never mind his parents were born in Bariloche, his grandparents in Bariloche, one side of his mother's family is definitely Argentine, but he isn't Argentine. He's GERMAN! Whatever he is he's a fantastic person. If I were not almost old enough to be his grandmother I'd be spinning my web! ;)

This post was for Valentina regarding awful to try to make friends. It is my way to deal with it and I think it works. At least for me.

For International Guy, I think you may be right about the B.A. thing but I don't know. I'm basing it on a family in Viedma that has befriended me for at least 6 years and I would trust them with anything. However, they are German for sure, speak fluent German and are strong Christians (not Catholic, I think pentecostal) so that could be a factor as well. They have exceedingly strong beliefs in honesty. But still I have a suspicion the BA factor could be . . . well . . . a factor. Also my friends in Viedma tell me they hardly felt the crisis. They didn't have the crime that B.A. had, Viedma is a farming community so everyone was eating the same. I'm not sure. Just a thought.

Back