Is the Milei "Transformation" Failing Already?

I read a line in an article today that is a pretty good synopsis of this mess.......'' Milei is the wrong answer to the right questions ''

I believe in the lesser evil. We were better with her, that is a fact. How can you ignore hard data?
You're obviously entitled to your beliefs but exactly who is the "we"? Seems all Christina and her kind did was to expand an underclass of impoverished Argentines who depend on govt largesse. Just how long did you think her benevolence would last? My guess is until your last peso.

I believe in the lesser evil. We were better with her, that is a fact. How can you ignore hard data?

The majority of Argentina people woul disagree.
Will she run again for President? oh dear
Ask the family of Alberto Nisman about Cristina........and lets not forget on 6 December 2022, the Court of First Instance found Fernández de Kirchner guilty of "fraudulent administration" over the awarding of a public works contract to a friend, businessman Lázaro Báez. The court sentenced Fernández de Kirchner to six years in prison and a lifetime ban from holding public office for corruption. She had temporary immunity and was able to remain free due to her role as a vice president. Corrupt as they come and what Argentina needs to avoid.

Will she run again for President? oh dear

Ask the family of Alberto Nisman about Cristina........and lets not forget on 6 December 2022, the Court of First Instance found Fernández de Kirchner guilty of "fraudulent administration" over the awarding of a public works contract to a friend, businessman Lázaro Báez. The court sentenced Fernández de Kirchner to six years in prison and a lifetime ban from holding public office for corruption. She had temporary immunity and was able to remain free due to her role as a vice president. Corrupt as they come and what Argentina needs to avoid.
Your post is going to result in the highly respected and learned counselor needing a change in underwear.

Who is the "we"? Seems all Christina and her kind did was to expand an underclass of impoverished Argentines who depend on govt largesse. Just how long did you think her benevolence would last? My guess is until your last peso.
It is fascinating this phenomenon: the one where the slowly impoverishing middle class Portenos who nonetheless always instinctively vote for the candidate representing Peronismo talk about "we" and apparently consider that they are speaking on (and are entitled to be speaking on) behalf not just of themselves but all of the massive(ly growing) underclass left completely outside the system. I come across it quite a bit. And it's frustrating because there is no way of engaging: you can't really point out to somebody who is much worse off than you are that the system and candidates they support are leaving millions even worse off than they are. All you can do is marvel at the power of Peronismo to capture minds.

Meanwhile the annual inflation rate here in Taiwan is 1.8% - in a country with no natural resources other than its people’s willingness to work hard to create the goods and services that constitute true prosperity and a government that facilitates that hard work.

Meanwhile the annual inflation rate here in Taiwan is 1.8% - in a country with no natural resources other than its people’s willingness to work hard to create the goods and services that constitute true prosperity and a government that facilitates that hard work.
I'd still prefer to be in Argentina over Taiwan. I'll live with the problems.

Back