Is The Reciprocal Fee Us$300 Now?! (Need Help Today)

Over several years, I have never had any problem entering at Ezeiza with my new US passport and the expired one that contains proof of payment of the retaliation fee. At Villa La Angostura and Los Antiguos, last March, I had minor delays with low-level employees who didn't understand how that worked and had to consult with a supervisor.

In theory, that stamp in your expired passport is still valid.

You're supposed to bring that expired passport and your current one and everything is supposed to be ok.

In actuality, I had a difficult time with American Airlines employees as I tried to check in when departing from the US all three times in 2013 and maybe the last time in 2012 (though not sure on this one), because AA employees didn't know what the original sticker was for. There wasn't a price on it that matched the current reciprocal fee, so they didn't know what to make of it.

After explaining that the ink didn't magically change to reflect the current reciprocal fee price, I usually had to go to Business/First Class check-in just to find an employee who knew anything.

Even with both passports in hand, you're going to have trouble with ignorant airline workers who are just protecting their own butts. ("Ignorant" does not mean "dumb", but they're not mutually exclusive either.)

I would contact your airline, tell them your situation, explain that you are supposed to bring both passports, and then see what they suggest.

Otherwise, you should contact the Argentine consulate in the US and see what they say.

If you're from the US, the stamp is valid for 10 years. If it's in your expired passport you must show them both, they just take a moment to write down the info each time you pass through again, sometimes they mark the number in your new passport with your stamped visa, sometimes not.

If you're from the US, the stamp is valid for 10 years. If it's in your expired passport you must show them both, they just take a moment to write down the info each time you pass through again, sometimes they mark the number in your new passport with your stamped visa, sometimes not.

Thank you, but I will never have to worry about this again.

(Praise Bajo)

But I'll still be traveling with two passports.

I don't believe the Fee has changed,I flew last week and overhead converstions at the airport that indicted that it did not.

One bit of advice about expiring passports - when mine expired last year with the visa glued onto one of the last pages, I simply peeled off the sticker and put it in the same location in my new passport.

The first couple of times I passed through BA immigration at the airport they asked me about it, now they don't say a word. In my case the glue was very amenable to the removal and replacement.

I do not have a stamp in my passport saying that I paid the reciprocity fee.

Instead, I print and carry a piece of paper that proves that I paid the fee online. I must present this piece of paper before I get on the plane in Canada, at whatever point of connection (i.e., Santiago or Sao Paulo) and again when I arrive at EZE.

"The fee is valid for multiple entries until one month prior to the expiry of your passport." http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/argentina-argentine/consular_services_consulaires/visa.aspx?lang=eng

I did not know this, i.e., that the reciprocity fee is tied to your passport. There has been a change, at least since 2012. And maybe also only for Canadians…

sorry - asked a question but found my answer, so removed this post!

Back