Is there any advantage to me buying medical insurance there before I turn 65?

my wife and i are in our late 30s, if we were to split our time between Argentina and another country, would it behoove use to maintain Argentine prepagas just to not worry about losing coverage? Its not _that_ expensive.
What's the alternative? Do you expect to cancel the policy every 6 month and then then to sign up again? My guess is that after you do it a couple of times, they will kick you out for good :) Too much administrative burden.

This sounds way too low to me. Could anybody else confirm, please?
That was the estimate given to me in September 2021 by the Hospital. There may be some copayments involved.

That was the estimate given to me in September 2021 by the Hospital. There may be some copayments involved.
You mentioned you are not 65 yet. Isn't there supposed to be a major increase in premiums after you turn 65? Person who asked the question is 66 years old.

You mentioned you are not 65 yet. Isn't there supposed to be a major increase in premiums after you turn 65? Person who asked the question is 66 years old.
Of course, when you turn 65 they do increase the rates but it's the cheapest scheme I've seen so far and the hospital network has a great reputation world-wide. So far I've been using a lot the services of the Hospital network as a private service, since I enjoy a great discount for the services from an agreement between the Italian Government and the hospital for Italian citizens, plus I have another medical insurance abroad which reimburses medical expenses, but I am getting tired of all the administrative work I have to do on my part to make it all work.

Last edited:
Months ago (beginning of November to be more precise), I contacted MARINA SANTEUSANIO <[email protected]> via email-
She sent me the best quotation (for a 65 years oldmwith no pre existing conditions), as follows:

* Plan Mayor Plus (MA+), $ 52478.- iva inc.

* Plan Mayor Clàsico (MAB)
, $ 37658.- iva inc.

Here is another idea...buy the Berkshire Hathaway travel plan...it is really good. 100% coverage for accident and emergency medical and covid. It is PRIMARY insurance. Choose your own hospital. It pays no matter what. There are other benefits too. I am 76 and pay around $80 a month and it covers me anywhere except the U.S. For your hospitalization you self insure. You are going to pay around $3000 or more for a year's insurance here. Probably more. What you would pay for insurance here in two years here....yep....you could get a new head. Check out what medical procedures cost here....you might be shocked.

Here is another idea...buy the Berkshire Hathaway travel plan...it is really good. 100% coverage for accident and emergency medical and covid. It is PRIMARY insurance. Choose your own hospital. It pays no matter what. There are other benefits too. I am 76 and pay around $80 a month and it covers me anywhere except the U.S. For your hospitalization you self insure. You are going to pay around $3000 or more for a year's insurance here. Probably more. What you would pay for insurance here in two years here....yep....you could get a new head. Check out what medical procedures cost here....you might be shocked.
Have you ever been reimbursed by the Berkshire Hathaway for any medical procedure or doctor visit in this country?

Back