Is there any benefit to permanent resident status?

I appreciate the input from all - even if one was obtuse and seemingly self-contradictory (though he should be ignoring me according to his own posts). A few observations:
1. Though I am unclear on the tax ramifications of permanent residency, I see no need to put my self on the AFIP radar because, if anything, it would only be negative. Whatever benefits attach to permanent resident status are either inconsequential or can be obtained via my Argentine wife.
2. I am in the process of selling my real property in Bs As and will own nothing here after that, but wow - what a hassle for a non-resident foreigner to sell real property here! Thankfully, the buyer is a local lawyer, a friend, and cooperative.
3. In the event laws are modified in a way contrary to what is expected (that is, that repetitive tourism is NOT encouraged by the repeal of DNU 70/2017) and I am thereby prevented from repeatedly entering the country as a tourist, I can then seek to obtain permanent resident status via my marriage should I desire it.
4. If I divorce, I will not desire permanent resident status and will not bemoan some diminuation/limit of a tourist status. (If Arg doesn't want my tourist money, so be it). However, if I change my mind and wanted to stay in Arg a lot of the time after I divorce, I presume I could qualify as a financially sound retiree - unless those laws change. If those laws change, there's always Rio de Janeiro, I have an ex-wife there and the real is sinking fast.

Back