It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the left protest they're activists, when it's the right then they're deplorables?

It's impossible to engage with people like you. It's like trying to tell BajoCero that the Ks may have done something bad once.

Why can't you admit that the capital event was a violent attempt to disrupt the democratic process without bringing up AOC and Joe Biden plagiarizing a speech? I'll answer it for you. Because you are so blinded by my team is good and the other team is bad. Sad!

It's impossible to engage with people like you. It's like trying to tell BajoCero that the Ks may have done something bad once.

Why can't you admit that the capital event was a violent attempt to disrupt the democratic process without bringing up AOC and Joe Biden plagiarizing a speech? I'll answer it for you. Because you are so blinded by my team is good and the other team is bad. Sad!
Maybe you need to try and think why someone that has a different point of view from yours thinks the way they do. As I clearly recall, BajoCero made a point back in 2014 that in his opinion the Ks stole something like 5% of what they could get their hands on, where as Macri stole more like 50%. From that point on, people on this board were saying that he loved the Ks. They can believe whatever they want, but to bring that up in this context is an example of believing what you want to believe even if it's not true. The truth was that he simple considered the Ks the lesser of two evils. Now you are trying to do the same thing with me. As for bringing up Joe Biden plagiarizing a speech, simple responding to an accusation that I plagiarized what Renzi wrote. I didn't have any intention of saying that I wrote it, just using some of the structure to demonstrate how ridiculous I found the content to be. I don't love Trump, I do not hate minorities, White Democrats, moderate Republicans, BLM, etc. I am not a Republican or am I on any team. I preferred Trump to Clinton and don't have faith in Biden. I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of Trump supporters feel the same way and are just tired of business as usual in Washington. Isn't that how Trump got elected in the first place? As for AOC, just pointing out that there seems to be a lot of hypocritical arrogance coming from the left. I think that the MSM is reponsible for the shitstorm that has hit the USA. Sure, I don't have a problem admitting that the capital event was a violent attempt to disrupt the democratic process. I'll also admit that the mostly peaceful protests across the country had there fair share of violence and chaos. I will continue to express myself as I choose on this forum without yielding to the pressure of the Trump haters. Maybe you have been suffering for the last four years and that is sad. Let's see what the next four years brings.

Thank you for explaining Macanudo.

I haven't been suffering the last four years and don't tie my suffering to politicians. I believe my own circumstance are due to the choices I make.

You may have seen my posts critical of Biden/Harris/Pelosi too. I don't have faith in Biden.

I just find it strange that people who like Trump switch the subject to well what about Hillary's emails or BLM when a violent mob of deranged MAGA thugs overran the Capital, killing an officer, assaulting journalists, trying to stop the election from being certified. The same people that are trying to cloud the issue would be enraged if it was the Black Panthers who did it on behalf of Obama.

It's frustrating that there can't be a rational discussion without people getting all emotional because they have their identity tied up in a political party.

Not saying that is you and if I misrepresented your positions, I apologize.

But the Democrats did challenge the certification process. In 2000, 2004, and 2016. A little detail that's left out when the Main Stream Media starts talking about how ludicrous and unconstitutional for the Republicans to do so. Trump didn't directly tell those guys to invade the Capitol Building and the overwhelming number of people there didn't. So guess they listened. It was deplorable what those guys did. But if you're going to spend four years trying to get rid of a president, saying things that were repeatedly not true, then stand by while our cities burned with all kinds of mayhem, and destroy our small business base with shutdowns that haven't proved to work, and call Trump's supporters ignorant and dishonest, among many other things, don't be surprised if things like the Capitol invasion happen. And look how quickly Big Tech is shutting down competitors and squelching free speech. Hope that's an anomaly and not what we can expect the next four years.

But the Democrats did challenge the certification process. In 2000, 2004, and 2016. A little detail that's left out when the Main Stream Media starts talking about how ludicrous and unconstitutional for the Republicans to do so. Trump didn't directly tell those guys to invade the Capitol Building and the overwhelming number of people there didn't. So guess they listened. It was deplorable what those guys did. But if you're going to spend four years trying to get rid of a president, saying things that were repeatedly not true, then stand by while our cities burned with all kinds of mayhem, and destroy our small business base with shutdowns that haven't proved to work, and call Trump's supporters ignorant and dishonest, among many other things, don't be surprised if things like the Capitol invasion happen. And look how quickly Big Tech is shutting down competitors and squelching free speech. Hope that's an anomaly and not what we can expect the next four years.

There you go again. There's a mountain of difference between "challenging the certification process" which is basically a meaningless symbolic gesture, and a president creating widespread and violent hysteria by spreading false claims (with no evidence) that the election was stolen. Nothing even remotely similar has been done by a sitting president.

Go ahead and believe what you want. A lot of decent people also believe in leprechauns and Santa Clause. Me darf leben un losen.

This is just so great.

QAnon Woke Up the Real Deep State

An open letter to QAnon, “stop the steal,” and other communities involved in the Capitol attack.

The Deep State is real, but it’s not what you think. The Deep State you worry about is mostly made up; a fiction, a lie, a product of active imaginations, grifter manipulations, and the internet. I’m telling you this now because storming the Capitol building has drawn the attention of the real Deep State — the national security bureaucracy — and it’s important you understand what that means.
You attacked America. Maybe you think it was justified — as a response to a stolen election, or a cabal of child-trafficking pedophiles, or whatever — but it was still a violent attack on the United States. [...]
If you want to understand the real Deep State, the biggest thing you need to know is it’s institutional, impersonal, and operates on a national scale.
The law enforcement-intelligence-national security bureaucracy doesn’t really care about a lot of the little things people think it cares about. It’s mostly focused on terrorists, serial killers, narco-traffickers, and foreign governments. Threats to the nation.
Previous QAnon activity wasn’t on that scale, but the Capitol attack is. I don’t think this has sunk in yet. It wasn’t 9/11, but it was bigger than, for example, Benghazi.
Americans storming the Capitol to prevent Congress from carrying out election law hasn’t happened before. [...]
The Capitol attack was a unique event in American history, something they’ll teach about in high school. National security analysts are comparing it to last year’s FBI-thwarted plot to kidnap and execute Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, which came a few months after armed demonstrators forcefully stopped business at the Michigan statehouse. [...]
It’s a pattern. And after the Capitol attack, the Deep State is going to take it seriously. [...]
Compare that to, for example, riots this past summer. Looting is bad, but it’s a problem for police and insurance companies. Trying to burn down a police station or courthouse is worse, but that too is a law enforcement problem, perhaps one requiring federal assistance. Storming the Capitol, forcefully hindering the execution of U.S. law, and trying to kill top elected officials is a national security problem.
What you did was on another level, and the reaction will be too. [...]
You cheered on lawyers who said they’d release the Kraken. But now you’ve poked Leviathan.
This is what you need to absorb: QAnon and “stop the steal” are forever associated with a violent attack against the United States. Maybe that’s not what it’s meant to you, maybe you think that’s a misread of last week’s events, but that’s how the real Deep State, a lot of elected officials, and much of the public sees it.
If that isn’t what you signed up for, now would be a good time to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back