It Finally Happened To Me -- My Ipad And Laptop Were Stolen.

One last thing ... do you have renter's or homeowner's insurance back in Canada? If so, the policy might very well cover the value of your stolen items minus the deductible. You will need to file a police report, though.

GS

One console: you're not the only. Some time ago it happened to my daughter: we were in the McDonalds in La Plata, she went to the toilet, she forgot her bag with the Iphone. We went at once back. The bag was there, not the Iphone.

Insurance sometimes doesn´t cover robbery if you left things unattended, you might want to consider this before filing a police report that says you left it there.

This is a hard case because there were a lot of witnesses, maybe cameras, and also it was clear that she left it here. My insurance policy (argentine) ONLY covers violent robbery in which there must be a struggle or a lock picked, etc.

I went to file a police report saying my phone had been pickpocketed and he said, "no, we need to change this to say it was ripped out of your hand and the guy ran off with it". The cop committed fraud for me so I could get the insurance to pay me back. Then he gave me his phone number and told me that next time I go back home to the states to please bring back some unique gifts for him. I'm not joking.

I went to file a police report saying my phone had been pickpocketed and he said, "no, we need to change this to say it was ripped out of your hand and the guy ran off with it". The cop committed fraud for me so I could get the insurance to pay me back. Then he gave me his phone number and told me that next time I go back home to the states to please bring back some unique gifts for him. I'm not joking.

Me too .... I'd go to the extreme ends of earth to lie for you !!

Where can I apply for a job at comesaria? I'm a retiree with very strong resume (slightly emballished but solid) .
Just to get a chance to do a report for you. I'd even go as far as saying that you were extorted at gun point.

But seriously, being pickpocketed is a tad weeeeeee bit different from leaving things unattended. NO?

What does he mean "Finally it happened to me"? ... The correct title should read " FINALLY I DID IT MYSELF"

I'm glad the little ones saw with their own eyes how things could be done the wrong way. A great lesson how to do it right. They learn from what they see, not from what you say or teach. They know better.

.............. IF IT'S NOT OK TO DO IN TORONTO ......... DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE OK IN BA.

Yes, yes, all passwords changed. Up all night. Ugh. Nightmare.

I did not have passcode on my iPad (convenience, stupid me), but I DID have "find" enabled... waiting to see if and when they try to log onto wifi... hasn't happened so far... we shall see... (Trying to remember if I removed all the nudie shots of my girlfriend, lol!) Laptop was not apple... Samsung -- slim, lightweight, sexy, all my teacher files... photos... (thank goodness I've done prolific blogging -- most of that is online... but all my ppts, hours and hours and hours of work!!!!)

And yes, I WILL be using a cloud service, if and when I ever get another laptop. (First priority when I get back to Toronto in May is paying my rent. Then groceries. Then laptop, hehe. iPad is a luxury I can't afford to replace, I'm afraid.)

Thanks all, for your sympathy and input. You know, one of the things with something like this is that one can feel very alone and vulnerable, and it's nice to have this community... thanks, y'all!

A reminder to everyone - get the Prey app. Like Find My iPad/iPhone on steroids.

A reminder to everyone - get the Prey app. Like Find My iPad/iPhone on steroids.

Does the "Prey app" slap the perps in the face and then walk the stolen goods back to owner? "Find my iPad" just announced to me via email that the iPad (and presumably the laptop) has been located. on Aguero, near Cordoba. I guess the nice, friendly person who found it won't be returning it. It went offline within minutes of going into "lost" mode. :(

Oh well, the end of one era, the beginning of a new one. Now I can join the ranks of the BsAs not-so-elite of have lost their electronics forever in this fine city.

Back