"It Might Be Time To Get Out Of Argentina"

Here is the hard data. I’m confused, there is a big difference between this info and the one we read in newspapers, seema the Central Bank is publishing some unaccurate info because according to it the usd price should be around 30.View attachment 4994
Hindsight is always 20/20 but your prediction ahead of time of 38 pesos/USD was pretty spot on as well. What rate would the current numbers get us to? Including the newly approved IMF bits?

Yes, this pretty much accurately sums it up. Argentina is a mess and most likely always will be. I've mentioned it many times but the system is pretty much broken. Too much corruption, inefficiency, no working judicial system, employment and labor laws are horrible and tax system is non-functional as well.

Most of the smart expats have already left Argentina. Those that stayed or still have roots understand that Argentina will most likely always be unstable in between short periods of stability. You gotta accept and love Argentina for what it is.

As someone who just moved here to create a life I appreciate this perspective. Ha, I learned at a young age to focus on the things we can control and influence the things we can't and just accept the rest! While it makes me a bit nervous despite having a stable career remote from the US, the reminder that every place has its issues is what it is *shrug*

I'm from Los Angeles. My guess is that in downtown, and everywhere east of the beach cities, Latinos probably make up the majority of the population. Or more. Spanish is spoken everywhere. I've never heard or seen a person in LA make comments about latinos -- except for my Argentinian wife and her South American friends. Who complaint about the amount of "Mexicans" here, their accents (which they find ugly) and their food (ironic because Mexican food is 10000x better than Argentinian). If you are in a deep blue state, in a major metropolitan city like Los Angeles, the people here (white, latino, asian, black etc) are far more progressive, liberal, politically correct, and accepting than your typical Argentinian.

Back