Italian pizza in Palermo - Buenos Aires

Roxana

Registered
I heard from an italian person that the best italian pizza in Buenos Aires is in Palermo neighbourhood. Do you know the name/address of the restaurant? Thanks

Not too sure I would try that if I were you: the typical Italian pizza is simply a bad imitation of the original Argentinian one!
Just kidding...
:)

lol!!! I got it: Siamo nel forno, Costa Rica 5886, Palermo Hollywood

Yup, must be Siamo nel forno.. best pizza in the city!

No way, best Italian style pizza in the city is Quentino ( French and Azcuenaga )

I will be there in a couple of weeks so the question is: which place serve thin or thick crust?

I went to Siamo nel forno. The place is nice and new, as they opened to the public this March. The pizza is thin ( some tasty salsa, ricotta and prosciutto) and the tiramisu was the best one I ate in my whole life. They are open from 8pm and Sundays for lunch.

Quentino makes good pizza, yes, but it has nothing to do with italian pizza, sorry!
I will also try the one at palermo as I did not eat a real italian pizza in BA untill now and I have tried a lot! The biggest problem is for me the cheese. I spend more than 30 years with eating real italian food from Italy, so I wonder what this is they call Mozarella here. I even tried a "Buffallo Mozarella" which was expensive and a big disapointment, too. But even if it is not an authentic pizza, they make here, I enjoy it! But I have to mention that the ice-cream is even better than the most in Europe. :)

Julia2 said:
Quentino makes good pizza, yes, but it has nothing to do with italian pizza, sorry!
I will also try the one at palermo as I did not eat a real italian pizza in BA untill now and I have tried a lot! The biggest problem is for me the cheese. I spend more than 30 years with eating real italian food from Italy, so I wonder what this is they call Mozarella here. I even tried a "Buffallo Mozarella" which was expensive and a big disapointment, too. But even if it is not an authentic pizza, they make here, I enjoy it! But I have to mention that the ice-cream is even better than the most in Europe. :)

The Argentinian mozzarella they produce here has nothing to do with the Italian one, I wasn't even aware of the existence of the buffalo mozzarella here! As far as ice creams go I have to agree with you: every single ice cream shop makes fantastic ice cream, never disappointed!

Back