It's an Expat Thing: Unsolved Mysteries

I DID see a fast ambulance, two in fact (see original post). All the ambulances I saw before were slow and had their lights flashing, no sirens ... so those vehicles must not be on emergency runs. Mystery solve.

Honestly, all of this trying to explain away the rudeness of the people here in Buenos Aires is a bit ridiculous. The people here are rude. If that's what you thought at first, you were right. And if you have a bit of mass to you, just knock them out of your way on the sidewalk.

ssr said:
Honestly, all of this trying to explain away the rudeness of the people here in Buenos Aires is a bit ridiculous. The people here are rude. If that's what you thought at first, you were right. And if you have a bit of mass to you, just knock them out of your way on the sidewalk.

Something my mother taught me "rudeness begets more rudeness"

Why do butchers and supermercados stop selling meat during mid-day? They sell in the morning and the evening, then they cover up the meat and won't sell it ... do the butchers go home for a nap? Or is the meat having a nap?:eek:

Why do Argentines never put the lavatory seat down afterwards? And I mean never.

Why are so many florists open 24 hours a day? Or, who are these people who wake up at 4.30 in the morning, and say "I think i'm going to go and get myself some flowers."?

Slopey said:
Why are so many florists open 24 hours a day? Or, who are these people who wake up at 4.30 in the morning, and say "I think i'm going to go and get myself some flowers."?

Back in the time, these kind of booths were given by the city to handicapped people to be able to earn their living. Nowadays I am not so sure, however, people buy flowers for lots of occasions, such as a birth, death, fight, surprise, etc, so I think it makes sense they are open 24/7 ( people here are spontaneous for these kind of things )

victoria said:
Why do butchers and supermercados stop selling meat during mid-day? They sell in the morning and the evening, then they cover up the meat and won't sell it ... do the butchers go home for a nap? Or is the meat having a nap?:eek:

I was wondering the same thing!!! i never know when the butcher I like is open so I just go around 6pm.

Back