It's time for a New Life...

davidb0rquez

Registered
After the ugliest divorce since the War of the Roses and getting back together with my Elementary, then High School Sweetheart after 25 years (yes, my One True Love), WE are ready to start a new life, and Buenos Aires looks like the absolute perfect place for us.

I've worked in Information Technology for over 20 years and enjoyed a successful career, but I still want to work in technology in BsAs. I have a degree in Computer Science, and several certifications, including MSCE, CCNP, VCP and Six Sigma (which may mean nothing in BsAs), and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for me to get this going in the right direction.

We do speak Spanish, but we definitely need to brush up; we grew up learning and listening to Spanish in our families.

I also have a few questions that I'm sure are answered somewhere on this board, and if someone could help point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally grateful.

- Can anyone give me suggestions for CV formats?
- Where the best job boards are; I've found a few and have started that process, but I'm looking for some direction.
- How hard is it to get sponsored by a company?
- Does anyone have any good contacts for working the VISA process and eventually residency in BsAs?

Thank you for all your help in advance and when I'm there, I'll treat you to mate and heartfelt gratitude. We're looking to make the move as soon as possible.

Why BA? It has the fewest of the multinational companies likely to hire you. Foreign companies are leaving AR in droves. Cost of living is high and salaries are low.

Congrats on getting back together again after so long.
I empathise with you as this happened to me also.
Cheers.

So 25 years ago you broke up with "your one true love" whom you met at junior school and now your back together because of your terrible divorce?

She must feel so privileged that she wasn't good enough all those years ago and now that your confidence has been shattered by your ex-wife she suddenly falls into the "one true love" category.

Do here a favor and set her loose!

Your obviously still hung up on your "war of the roses" divorce otherwise you would not have mentioned it in your opening line

Next time maybe word your opening line like this

I am a big loser and just been ditched by my ex. I can't stand to be in the same city/town as her, as the embarrassment is just too much to bare.

I have managed to convince an old girlfriend (that i never really liked when we were together) to drop everything and run away to BA with me to help me regain my confidence. Once we are there and I am familiar with the area and realize that there are many more girls in the world once stop crying about my ex, I intend to drop her and send her back home and start a new relationship with some hot spanish speaking chick.

BA is not the answer to YOUR problems!

mclovin said:
So 25 years ago you broke up with "your one true love" whom you met at junior school and now your back together because of your terrible divorce?

She must feel so privileged that she wasn't good enough all those years ago and now that your confidence has been shattered by your ex-wife she suddenly falls into the "one true love" category.

Do here a favor and set her loose!

Your obviously still hung up on your "war of the roses" divorce otherwise you would not have mentioned it in your opening line

Next time maybe word your opening line like this

I am a big loser and just been ditched by my ex. I can't stand to be in the same city/town as her, as the embarrassment is just too much to bare.

I have managed to convince an old girlfriend (that i never really liked when we were together) to drop everything and run away to BA with me to help me regain my confidence. Once we are there and I am familiar with the area and realize that there are many more girls in the world once stop crying about my ex, I intend to drop her and send her back home and start a new relationship with some hot spanish speaking chick.

BA is not the answer to YOUR problems!

Wow, what a nice post.

I think it's apropriate to call out the scammers and phoneys that pop up here from time to time. I do it as often as necessary, sometimes with sarcasm, but never with pseudo psychological personal insults.

I wonder why would you want to berate the OP in such an ugly and personal manner. Who are you to make this kind of analysis and give someone you don't know relationship advice?

Maybe a "veteran" such as yourself would be better suited to reply to his post.

You could perhaps mention all of the nice budget hotels and restaurants that he could visit, possibly even offer to find him and his new love a vacancy at one of the companies you know who are hiring, maybe even find him an apartment near to yourself then you could sit and listen to him bull shit on about his divorce.

foad

Glad to hear you've got direction going on davidb0rquez!

Now if you don't mind, I'll just grab some popcorn and be over in the corner enjoying watching this thread for a bit.

mclovin said:
Maybe a "veteran" such as yourself would be better suited to reply to his post.

You could perhaps mention all of the nice budget hotels and restaurants that he could visit, possibly even offer to find him and his new love a vacancy at one of the companies you know who are hiring, maybe even find him an apartment near to yourself then you could sit and listen to him bull shit on about his divorce.

foad

What is your problem?

Back