How Much Would This Lifestyle Cost

oddDistribution

Registered
There are often posts on this site and others asking whether someone could live in a given place for a certain amount of money. The answer of course depends on many factors. So, instead of doing that I was thinking I could break down the lifestyle I want high level and maybe people could tell me what they think it would cost?

I know there has been a lot of volatility recently in regard to prices. I'm really just looking for a rough guess to see whether I'm in the ballpark.

Apartment: A modest 1br or studio in a good/safe, but not the best area.

Health: No major issues. In my 40s.

Entertainment (All for 2 people):
Dinner out 2 or 3 times a week at nice sit down restaurants. Not the very best type places, but on the nicer side. Can be local cuisine.
1 or 2 live music/dance shows a week. i.e. symphony performances, etc.
2-3 days a week working at cafe.
1 movie a week.
1 massage a week

Transportation: Mostly take Uber around the city.

Travel: Need to travel back to the US once per year. Will do some travel in Argentina and South America maybe 2-3 times a year.

Buffer/Emergencies: Need some excess to cover unexpected costs.

Savings: Don't need to save as this is just to live off of investments.

Thanks!

There are often posts on this site and others asking whether someone could live in a given place for a certain amount of money. The answer of course depends on many factors. So, instead of doing that I was thinking I could break down the lifestyle I want high level and maybe people could tell me what they think it would cost?

I know there has been a lot of volatility recently in regard to prices. I'm really just looking for a rough guess to see whether I'm in the ballpark.

Apartment: A modest 1br or studio in a good/safe, but not the best area. Airbnb = $500/month for mid range 1bd with monthly discount in safe area but not touristy area (Caballito / Villa Crespo are what come to my mind)

Health: No major issues. In my 40s.

Entertainment (All for 2 people):
Dinner out 2 or 3 times a week at nice sit down restaurants. Not the very best type places, but on the nicer side. Can be local cuisine. $20-30 per meal without wine +$5-10 for bottle of wine. All this depends on tastes, will you want three courses etc. Like all answers here, it can be done (much) cheaper or more expensive.
1 or 2 live music/dance shows a week. i.e. symphony performances, etc. not sure
2-3 days a week working at cafe. Coffee and a small meal (e.g. avocado toast) promo is $4-5 should give you an indication
1 movie a week. $6
1 massage a week $10-30

Transportation: Mostly take Uber around the city. A regular Uber trip I make is $3.50, it takes 30 minutes and is about 7km, and is crossing most of the city.

Travel: Need to travel back to the US once per year. Will do some travel in Argentina and South America maybe 2-3 times a year. TBD on class of travel, timings etc. all easily searchable if you just want an indicative amount

Buffer/Emergencies: Need some excess to cover unexpected costs.

Savings: Don't need to save as this is just to live off of investments.

Thanks!

Put my answers in bold for you.

Back