It's Too Expensive Here!

El Queso:
You're right Inflation has to be under control first.This could take 4 or 5 years.If we all pull together maybe this will happen sooner.You sound to me like you're in for the long haul.Keep on truckin'
Argentine inflation began with Peronist populism and ,hopefully,it will have ended with Kichnerism,Its last vestige.
There's a popular saying here, a refran criollo,"Pisa donde estas".----"Step down hard where you (physically) are"
We live here and we have to make this work right together with the Argentines.

A well educated and employed argie friend of mine has bought 5 apartments in last 10 years all.. using mortgages.

A well educated and employed argie friend of mine has bought 5 apartments in last 10 years all.. using mortgages.

Well you sure know the answer ...!! Only 1 % perhaps can afford the payments...!! The current Govmt. sponsored mortgages for 80% of the value of first dwelling of a modest home have fixed interest rates for 3 years, then ??

Only people with high incomes can afford mortgages... i.e. CFK with govmt. services retirement pension of US$240,000 annual income. As a widow of President and 2 period Presidency

I can see a flood of Argentine Expat Refugees coming to Albania.

Nancy and I just went out to dinner at the beach, Lamb for me and a whole grilled sea bass for Nancy, fries and a litre of good red wine and a bottle of water......$25US plus tip. Pizza for $3-4US. Greek salad, $2US.

Oh, almost forgot, we were on on a pier over the water facing west for an incredible sunset and a live band.

T/

PS I would NOT choose Albania over AR.

Well you sure know the answer ...!! Only 1 % perhaps can afford the payments...!! The current Govmt. sponsored mortgages for 80% of the value of first dwelling of a modest home have fixed interest rates for 3 years, then ??

Only people with high incomes can afford mortgages... i.e. CFK with govmt. services retirement pension of US$240,000 annual income. As a widow of President and 2 period Presidency

What beach?

I can see a flood of Argentine Expat Refugees coming to Albania.

Nancy and I just went out to dinner at the beach, Lamb for me and a whole grilled sea bass for Nancy, fries and a litre of good red wine and a bottle of water......$25US plus tip. Pizza for $3-4US. Greek salad, $2US.

Oh, almost forgot, we were on on a pier over the water facing west for an incredible sunset and a live band.

T/

PS I would NOT choose Albania over AR.

WHAT beach?

What beach?
We are just south of Durres. Hotels and Condos totally lining the street but a beautiful sandy beach which goes on forever. Lots of people, which I like. And I think they are 99% Albanians. No English speaking tourists. Our hotel has a straight on view of the Med, decent double room with large balcony, 45 euros a night.

I understand the beaches further south in Albania are nicer and less crowded.

We are just south of Durres. Hotels and Condos totally lining the street but a beautiful sandy beach which goes on forever. Lots of people, which I like. And I think they are 99% Albanians. No English speaking tourists. Our hotel has a straight on view of the Med, decent double room with large balcony, 45 euros a night.

I understand the beaches further south in Albania are nicer and less crowded.
Sounds good, I am heading there next month. I heard the people are pretty strict/uptight there. Is it true ? Not romantic or crazy as Italians or Greek, even though it's very close to Greece. 15 years ago many Albanians drifted to Athens for better life.

Back