IVA- When do I have to pay and when am I being scammed?

I agree these people are scamming you. But before you go the road of changing places, I'd just ask them if they will waive it as you'll need an official receipt if they demand charging it and no one wins. I've found if you just be upfront and tell them you don't need an official receipt then they will just waive it if you ask the right way.

I had some stuff in storage for years in Buenos Aires. It's amazing the prices these people charge. I also paid something like 1,100 pesos per month. I never paid IVA as I told them I didn't need an official receipt (it was for personal stuff stored and not work stuff so I didn't need an official receipt).

Very expensive for a space and also I couldn't access the space like the USA style storage spaces. I always thought someone smart could do well with this type of business if they owned the land/building for it. Very very expensive these storage spaces in Buenos Aires.

Before you threaten them with any action from AFIP, I'd make sure you have all of your stuff out of it..... I always felt fortunate that nothing was ever missing as I had lots of expensive furniture stored.

Back