Growing up in the PNW, I was aware of the history of rodeos- starting with the famed Pendleton Roundup.
Obviously it was originally a hispanic thing, with mexican native americans figuring prominently dating back 500 years or more.
In the USA, it was an african american cowboy, Bill Pickett, who is generally acknowleged as the originator of steer wrestling and bulldogging.
by 1913, the female cowboy Tillie Baldwin became quite well known.
about a quarter of all cowboys in the more recent era- 1875 to 1920 or so- were black.
There were always a lot of north american native cowboys as well, separate from the Mexican/American spanish speaking cowboys.
So, Rodeo, historically is DEI, most likely minority majority, and woke.
I had a black employee, a very skilled welder, for several years, who rode rodeo, and had big belt buckles and trophies
Somehow I doubt it will be portrayed that way in this case.