Jill Biden calls Latinos ‘breakfast tacos’

played golf with someone in the group heard that Bolsonario was a nice person and china was using brazil to expand their belt and road agenda. whoa

We'll, this isn't a Russian news outlet. None of this taco talk BS matters. Come Nov the GOP will handily control both houses of Congress. Might be time for all the concerned USA patriots on this board to head back home and fight the good liberal fight. Rather than stay in Argentina and bemoan the lack of Mexican food.

We'll, this isn't a Russian news outlet. None of this taco talk BS matters. Come Nov the GOP will handily control both houses of Congress. Might be time for all the concerned USA patriots on this board to head back home and fight the good liberal fight. Rather than stay in Argentina and bemoan the lack of Mexican food.
Yes, the Dems are going to need a younger and more energetic candidate. That much seems clear. But I ain't going back to the states come hell or high water.

Yes, the Dems are going to need a younger and more energetic candidate. That much seems clear. But I ain't going back to the states come hell or high water.
And hopefully the mid-term race will tighten up, but I'm not optimistic.

I want to first acknowledge two things: that there are two Argentinas, one for expats/people with dollars saved/rich people/people whose income is indexed to dollars that work here/etc. and everyone else, and that there is no shortage of problems here as we're all aware of, but since I'm lucky enough to work in tech here I have no desire to leave either because with each passing year the United States is looking more and more like one of those "shithole countries" right wingers complain about on FOX.

Abortion is illegal in most red states now, yet as soon as it's born, it's fine to kill it in a mass shooting at school, a shopping mall, a church, etc. And if you're lucky enough to live though a mass shooting yourself, you'll go bankrupt from the treatment at the hospital if you don't have insurance. But if you do have it, just don't drive with your co-payment in your car, because the police, who only exist to kill 14 year old kids by burning them alive will seize the money via asset forfeiture. Also, as of next year, your vote may no longer matter if your state's legislature decided you voted the wrong way, so don't expect to change the laws by voting, because gerrymandering is legal depending on the circuit court your home state is in, so you have no recourse to hold those who govern you to account.

Again, I don't want people to think I'm saying Argentina is a panacea, but the United States is not a place I'd want to raise a child these days personally, and while the Republicans are happy with the things I've listed above, Democrats refuse to make anything better when they have power, as Biden said to his donors during the campaign: "Nothing will fundamentally change." Maybe others feel differently, but I'd rather stick out with the quilombo of living in Argentina than the empire in decline back in the US.

I want to first acknowledge two things: that there are two Argentinas, one for expats/people with dollars saved/rich people/people whose income is indexed to dollars that work here/etc. and everyone else, and that there is no shortage of problems here as we're all aware of, but since I'm lucky enough to work in tech here I have no desire to leave either because with each passing year the United States is looking more and more like one of those "shithole countries" right wingers complain about on FOX.

Abortion is illegal in most red states now, yet as soon as it's born, it's fine to kill it in a mass shooting at school, a shopping mall, a church, etc. And if you're lucky enough to live though a mass shooting yourself, you'll go bankrupt from the treatment at the hospital if you don't have insurance. But if you do have it, just don't drive with your co-payment in your car, because the police, who only exist to kill 14 year old kids by burning them alive will seize the money via asset forfeiture. Also, as of next year, your vote may no longer matter if your state's legislature decided you voted the wrong way, so don't expect to change the laws by voting, because gerrymandering is legal depending on the circuit court your home state is in, so you have no recourse to hold those who govern you to account.

Again, I don't want people to think I'm saying Argentina is a panacea, but the United States is not a place I'd want to raise a child these days personally, and while the Republicans are happy with the things I've listed above, Democrats refuse to make anything better when they have power, as Biden said to his donors during the campaign: "Nothing will fundamentally change." Maybe others feel differently, but I'd rather stick out with the quilombo of living in Argentina than the empire in decline back in the US.

It's amusing that I can disagree, (at least partially) with so many of your points, and still agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion.

Back