Job Vacancy: Personal Administrative Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookeys

Registered
Hi Expats,

Our organisation in the UK is looking to recruit a part-time (going on to full-time after 3 month) Personal Administrative Assistant. We are looking for a native English speaker who will be working from home and based in Argentina.

Are you right for this job or do you know anyone who might be ? If so please read the job advert text below and get in contact.

======== Job Advert Text ========

The position is self employed and the salary is ARS 3000 per month (pro-rata). You will be working from home speaking to people within the UK.

For the first 3 months the hours will be 15:00 - 18:30 Monday - Friday (UK Time) and the salary will be pro-rata'd accordingly. The working hours are flexible subject to agreement but you will be required to work a minimum of 17.5 hours per week within the first 3 months. The hours may be increased to full-time (40 hours per week) subject to satisfactory performance at which time the salary would be pro-rata'd back up to ARS 3000 per month.

There are 4 weeks paid holiday per annum (pro-rata).

The position is to provide administrative and technical support for the acting Director of Psychology at KCA UK. The company provides psychological services to a wide range of clients within the UK. You will be liaising on a day-to-day basis with the acting Director of Psychology in order to provide support to him to ease his administrative workload and provide organisational and general backup to enable him to carry out his duties more effectively.

Whilst knowledge of Psychology is not essential and any necessary training will be provided, it is essential that any candidate be willing and able to learn quickly in a variety of settings. You are likely to be given mini projects to research so an ability to work conscientiously without constant supervision and an ability and willingness to adapt quickly to new situations and self-learn in new subject areas is a definite requirement.

Your duties would include...

- Diary Management
- Email Management
- Drafting Reports, Letters And Emails
- Proof Reading Documents
- Research Assistance
- Producing PowerPoint Presentations
- Analysing Data In Excel and Producing Graphs and Charts
- Travel Expense Management

Your primary contact with the UK will be via Skype and via a shared working environment which will give you access to Microsoft Office, Email and other programs required to carry out your duties.

Your own computer, a broadband internet connection and a very reliable and quiet environment to work in are absolutely essential. We will set up your computer to connect to the UK and install any necessary software so that you can carry out your duties.

Applicants must have a very good telephone manner and an excellent grasp of both spoken and written English including excellent English grammar.

If you wish to apply for this position, please email us at [email protected] writing a short paragraph in English giving information about yourself and why you think you would be suitable for this post. Please provide very succinct details of your experience / work history and focus on anything you feel particularly relevant or may be that we might find of interest. Please also attach your CV in English.

We contact you again via email if you have been short-listed for a telephone interview. Any such interviews will be approx. 30 minutes in length and consist of a series of short verbal / written tests to confirm your suitability for the position.

We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming suitable candidates on board.

What does self employed mean? That the employee has to organize himself as a consultant and pay all the taxes from his income?

This is a strange one / a part time PA based in Argentina working for someone based in the UK

3000 pesos is less than GBP 500 / Well below UK standard rates for the job.

Are they trying to con someone?

mcaffa said:
Just looking for cheap labor.

And is that a crime?Outsourcing to lower cost overseas locations and paying lower local rates for the same function that would be paid X times higher at home, think China, India, Bulgaria, Philipinnes etc etc is hardly new...the salary seems totally reasonable for a local based here but not exactly fantastic bearing in mind the part-time nature of the work and the fact the person (if honest) would have to cough up for montributista payments and money transfer costs which are no small change these days.
As a local employer (of expats and locals) I am constantly surprised by expats postings saying they'd kill for a job here to help them live..but then recurl at the prospect of earning 3500 or so pesos for a low responsibility 9-5 job...there was one such post recently and the OP didnt even acknowledge my offer to meet for a chat so clearly expats need to lose the currency converter calculator they have in their brains if they really want to work here.

There is a SLEAZE Bag around every corner. "Just Joined". Oh yes, fifs. This isn't much of job when you read the tiny print. So don't get the knickers in a knot.

I am not one of the expats on this forum saying I'd do ANYTHING for a job (I am lucky enough to have one). This person is offering 3000 pesos a month, presumably before any taxes and without any benefits, for a 9-5 job on BRITISH time, and seems to want a highly qualified professional to do this. You can see how prices go up on a daily basis- I would not call this a reasonable salary. Of course someone can take the job if they are desperate, but it's still a terrible deal.

We're not going to fault them for trying. And they cant fault us for giving them shit

Reactions: ben
3000 pesos a month is absurd, but especially in light of the peso/pound exchange rate. It would be one thing if we were talking call center/unskilled labor, but to be the right-hand man of a company director? Wouldn't do much for my sense of company loyalty if I knew the only reason I'd been hired was because I'd accepted the absolute cheapest price they could find worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back