Jobs for people staying 2 plus years

jp said:
You seem to have a very dim view of life here blahblah.

Crazy as it may seem, some people like living and working here, and are both financially comfortable and happy....

I think we and you have a different view on what's financially comfortable

Beckenstein83 said:
I don't know a lot of people who are here simply for employment. Most people I know are here because of love or for an adventure. I an here for love and got a job as an after thought. My boyfriend and I live quite nicely. You dont stay here for a job, you stay here because you love the city, the culture, or someone living here.

But most don't stay 2 plus years then

BlahBlah said:
I don't know what your husband makes but I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't make 1000 Australian dollars at home

Of course I could make more money at home, I don't deny that. But I met my partner here and stayed. He doesn't speak any English (he is now going to classes to learn) so he doesn't have much opportunity of earning anything in Oz.

We're happy here for now.

My point was that I am not damaging my resume as you questioned previously. I have actually gained an opportunity here that will set me up much better than I had been previously at home.

The love in my house and life outweighs any money worries. We have a nice apartment in a nice area, we both work, we always have food, we go out when we want to and are helplessly in love. What more could I ask for?

BlahBlah said:
What do you think they make on average?

I sure wouldn't stay 2 plus years if I earn 600 to 800 dollar a month working 50-60 hours a week and no social security, not even if you have 2 incomes

I don't know what they make. I know where two of them live & that they pay around the same rent that I do and these two people are not living on two incomes.

Because you don't want to doesn't mean others don't. Everyone has their own reasons for moving here & what they want out of it.

BlahBlah said:
I don't know what your husband makes but I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't make 1000 Australian dollars at home

I don't think the point is what you can make at home. We make 40% of what we made at home. We live on one income. We live differently. But we live well for here & now. We won't leave here financially rich but we will leave here with a different type of richness. When we came we planned on staying 2 to 2.5 years. That's it. We had no plan to stay any longer than that. Then we will move on. But I never say never. The last place we lived was for 3 years & we stayed 6.

I still think option 9 is a good two or so years. Why not?

BlahBlah said:
Since most taxi's have running around empty for the last year I doubt this is still the same. And you would have to be okay with having 2 guys working for you in near slave like conditions

I think this is probally the same, I don't know many restaurants that are doing well now

Taxies are down about 10% from last year. Restaurants are down about 20%. The weaker players are dropping out, but the professional operations are expanding and taking over new locations.

April/May 2008 was offcourse not really when the crisis started. Wait untill 2009 is over to see the impact. Especially since the paro del campo the people stopped taking taxi's(Argentines and foreigners) and going to restaurants.

There have to be a huge shakeout in the taxi business, rougly half the taxi's have to go to be profitable again. This will offcourse not happen because it's the only source of income for many families. I would think that there will be even more exploiting and the gremio have lost there power. There is no room for price increases and there are price increases

This for you is offcourse is not really a problem for you because you can sell off your assets and leave the business at a minimal loss but you would also lose one source of income

Restaurant business is about the same, no or little room for price increases, rising costs and customers that stay at home

Blah Blah is you want to make money, money , money, move to the States or the UK
:)

Back