July 6th (is coming very soon)

Oh one thing to mention though -- whereas in Vancouver / Seattle etc a little rain doesn't stop people from doing activities (because then they'd never get out of their houses at all) -- here if it's a crappy night people don't go out as much.

pizza4breakfast said:
ha ha, thank you all! mariposa is correct, and for what it is worth, I'll probably do Ezeiza taxi. Even if it's cheaper and plenty safe to take a street cab, I'll be so freaked out from the fact that I'm moving here that I'll just do the easiest option.

I've also read that taking the city bus to/from the airport is waaay cheap, but again, I'll do that in the future and not for my first arrival.

How's the weather in July? I'll be coming from the Pacific Northwest, and our winters it is frequently below 0, very wet, all around grey and gross. I realize I'm doing it backwards in moving to BA during winter, but c'est la vie.

Ciao!

The big advantages of using one of the taxi desks in the lobby like VIP or Ezeiza taxi are: 1) you tell/show the desk your destination address and they give this to the taxi driver as part of the fare negotiation (you still need to have this written down to show or tell the driver again as you near the destination), 2) you pay them not the taxi driver so you avoid the possible fake money dispute when paying, 3) if you have so many bags that you wont fit in a regular taxi, the desk arranges for a large enough taxi and adjusts the fare.

We (my fiancee' Grace and I) just moved here from Seattle and are pretty much on the same page: Artist/Musician from the States looking for a fresh start. We found sharing a house with someone a bit better way to meet people, save money, and live in a more spacious environment. It only took me three weeks to find steady work as a Graphic Designer plus I get to tattoo all the new friends I meet, which works pretty well since a lot of people are here for a few months and want a memory of their time here in BsAs. Hit me up if you want to meet some local musicians, I know quite a few!

Back