Just arrived

JuliaR26

Registered
Hi, I'm Julia, 21 years old from the US (Baltimore). I've just arrived in Buenos Aires and plan on staying here for about a year. I'm starting a TEFL certification course next week, but until then plan on exploring the city. If anyone wants to meet up for coffee or a drink, that would be great! I don't know anyone here, and right now my spanish is pretty weak (though I'm working on it!) Anyway, let me know if you're interested!

Cheers,

Julia

hey Julia.
I'm a 28 year old guy from Australia, and will be in Buenos Aires on Feb 11th for 1 week holiday, and was also looking to meet new people! my spanish is also VERY limited. I have been to the states a few times, and absoutley loved it there (NYC always amazes me).
cheers,
evren

Hi Julia,

Am normally about from mid afternoon....which area are you staying in?

Haven't "you guys" discovered the PM (private message) feature of this forum?

It's very useful.

my girlfriend and i are from potomac/dc and gaithersburg, respectively. small world. we'd be glad to meet up as well.

hey! :) see, you still have a lot of posts. I'm a german girl, 22, and staying here during two months. I'd like to meet up because I don't know a lot of people here neither... During my time, i'll do a voluntary job with children, teaching english and more. My spanish is quiet good because I studied in santiago de chile the last 6 months..maybe we could also help each other out with spanish and english. but that's only an idea, first of all I just want to meet nice people and enjoy the city,
greets,
Lisa (contact: [email protected])

Wow! Thanks for all the responses...maybe we could arrange to meet up somewhere, for anyone that is interested. If anyone has any suggestions for a good place, that would be great. How does Thursday afternoon sound?

Hello. What a coincidence it is that there are so many other people from Maryland here! I also came here to take a TEFL course, but am finished now and in the process of finding a teaching job. I'm 22 years old with a Bachelor's degree in Spanish. If there's anything you need help with linguistically or otherwise, let me know. I find that I'm liking B.A. almost as much as M.D., so I think you'll enjoy being here.

Back